Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:03 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
We're trying to help him avoid making a mistake.

There are plenty of places from which to choose that don't suck as much as the cities listed.
I'm pretty sure that the OP is an adult with a mind of his own, and would prefer that you not do his thinking for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandyfan View Post
I currently live in Seattle and have lived here most of my life. Seattle is a great city and I do love it for the most part. However, I am about ready for some change and would like to move away from Seattle sometime in the next 2 years or so. Even if I were to move away, I can always come back to Seattle. Anyway, below is a list of 8 different places that I would consider moving to. I could have included more cities but below is just a sample of some of the places that I would consider. So which of these 8 places would you move to and why? Any thoughts or opinions would be great.

1) Dallas / Fort Worth
2) New Orleans
3) Tampa / St. Petersburg
4) Savannah
5) Charleston, SC
6) Atlanta
7) St. Louis - Suburbs included
8) Annapolis, MD

All would be good except for Saint Louis and maybe New Orleans.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:08 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that the OP is an adult with a mind of his own, and would prefer that you not do his thinking for him.
I'm pretty sure that if he already made up his mind, he wouldn't have created this thread asking for opinions. But thanks for trolling (badly).

Old 05-12-2012, 07:22 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
I'm pretty sure that if he already made up his mind, he wouldn't have created this thread asking for opinions. But thanks for trolling (badly).
Giving him suggestions is one thing, but saying that he's potentially making a mistake implies that he's not smart enough to decide on his own. That seems pretty insulting.

...so, yes, by providing some helpful and unbiased information, I'm the troll.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Giving him suggestions is one thing, but saying that he's potentially making a mistake implies that he's not smart enough to decide on his own. That seems pretty insulting.

...so, yes, by providing some helpful and unbiased information, I'm the troll.
He asked for opinions.

My opinion is that he would be making a mistake by moving from Seattle to any of those cities. Again, that is my opinion which was asked for by the OP.

Deal with it.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
If the OP clearly states that he's ready for change, then why are there numerous people suggesting he stay in Seattle? Reading is fundamental, folks.
This was in the Seattle forum originally. That's why those people were saying Stay in Seattle, nothing compares.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
All would be good except for Saint Louis and maybe New Orleans.
What's wrong with St. Louis?

I'm just curious about your reasons. Same goes for New Orleans. I've never lived in New Orleans but know that it's definitely a fun place for a vacation. St. Louis on the other hand is an awesome place to live

Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 PM

156 posts, read 195,549 times
If you're really interested in feedback you should have posted this question on a more generalized thread. As you can see, our precious fellow Seattleites can't comprehend how anyone would want to actually leave this Dystopian heaven and live someplace beyond King County, unless enrolled in the Peace Corp or as a senatorial aide in Washington, D.C., helping to represent Boeing or Microsoft. If encountering people outside of King County who may not kowtow to your ingrained 'beliefs' even slightly bothers you, just hibernate in Seattle.

The best decisions are usually made by visiting.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Definitely New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.