Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Oh no you didn't!

Cracker Barrel is for the upper crust. Waffle House is for the regular joe.
Ha ha... Well that explains it--I had a roommate from Garner, North Carolina, who'd always wax nostalgically about going to the Cracker Barrel growing up. As well my grandma who lived south of Jacksonville, FL, just loved the Cracker Barrel. When I 'd go to visit her or anywhere in the South as a kid, we'd always go there. One time I got a book in the gift shop there called "How to talk like a Southerner". It seemed pretty funny when I was 12.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:46 AM

72,992 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
I lived near a Waffle House when I went to college, but I never ate there once. I always ate at Ihop for some reason. I wonder if that damages my Southern cred.
Don't worry about southern cred. I've lived in the South most of my life and I don't eat at Waffle House. I've only eaten there maybe once in a blue moon over the years. I'm not a fan of it. My father is from Wisconsin and has eaten there. He doesn't have any complaints, but he would prefer other places to eat.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Oh no you didn't!

Cracker Barrel is for the upper crust. Waffle House is for the regular joe.
I would consider J Christopher's to be upper crust. Cracker Barrel is nice, in a novelty kind of way. To me, it's certain a step up from Waffle House.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM

468 posts, read 785,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
I lived near a Waffle House when I went to college, but I never ate there once. I always ate at Ihop for some reason. I wonder if that damages my Southern cred.

There was an IHOP within walking distance from my dorm at the University of Southern Mississippi. I made a point to be one of the first customers early one morning when they reopened following a fire that shuttered them about a year.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:49 PM

562 posts, read 988,841 times
I always found Waffle House to be exceptionally dirty. What's the deal? My only experience at one was in Tennessee.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,734 times
The only times I ever went to a Waffle House were during a short visit to Denver 19 years ago. There was one right outside of the Motel 6.

That combo seemed utterly appropriate.

Last edited by SyraBrian; 06-27-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,186,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
I actually had never heard of Waffle House until about a year ago (born and raised New Yorker), and Coincidentally enough, I went to a Waffle House for the first time last week while I was visiting a friend in Atlanta. I thought the food was pretty awful to be honest.
Yeah, my family and I went to one while we were down south and I have to say we were pretty grossed out. The food was absolutely loaded with fat and grease and the place was really dirty. I wouldn't pin it all on Waffle House, but it's a great "poster child" for why half of this country is getting to the point of being so fat they have a hard time just going up a few flights of stairs. Whatever happened to real food?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Yeah, my family and I went to one while we were down south and I have to say we were pretty grossed out. The food was absolutely loaded with fat and grease and the place was really dirty. I wouldn't pin it all on Waffle House, but it's a great "poster child" for why half of this country is getting to the point of being so fat they have a hard time just going up a few flights of stairs. Whatever happened to real food?
That is one place I won't eat. You are better off eating at Chick-Fil-A. At least their food(even fried) is healthier and better tasting than Waffle House.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:02 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Since consumer complaints are against the TOS, and since this thread is turning into a bunch of complaints against Waffle House, this thread is closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.