Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

For the OP who said the following : I have been to Miami in winter months and really loved the city you really spent a lot of time making disparaging remarks about it! After that comment you had absolutely nothing positive to say about Miami itself so why ask for an opinion when it seems like you have already made up your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 AM

87 posts, read 140,679 times

My Choice After Leaving Seattle ............

PITTSBURGH

Affordable, Beautiful and Amazing

Better Yet ....

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Old 08-25-2012, 11:29 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHPA611 View Post

My Choice After Leaving Seattle ............

PITTSBURGH

Affordable, Beautiful and Amazing

Better Yet ....

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
What does this have to do with the topic? Um, NOTHING.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What does this have to do with the topic? Um, NOTHING.
He's spamming pics of Pittsburgh everywhere.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM

84 posts, read 226,878 times
Default orly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestVsEast View Post
I agree with you guys, I think Seattle is definitley the place for me. Just by reading the comments on here alone you can get a feeling that most people living in Miami are not very happy with living there. You dont get that same feeling when reading the Seattle threads. I think Seattle real estate is a little more over priced then what I am used to, but I will be renting right away, and if I decided to stay long term I think you can find a pretty good deal just outside of the city. Maybe if I was 21-24 Miami would be the better option for me, but right now Seattle is definitley the better choice. I am really excited to start working out the details and I really hope it works out.Its a long way to go just to turn around and go home so ive got to make sure I do it right. Thanks for the advice.

you're kidding, I would never little in seattle, miami ftw

look at how miserable people are in seattle: I Hate Seattle that website is real
If youre not affected by gloomy weather then youll be alright, most people need sunshine though

Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,527 times
Look at Seattle if you are professional, educated, like nature and the outdoors and English is your language. Miami would be the polar opposite in every way. Great beach scene though perfect for the climate that keeps you in a prisoner to the a/c when not at the beach most of the year..

Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
I think it's unfortunate that you are restricted to these two cities. It's obvious which one you definitely don't want (Miami). But I have a question. Now, I have never been to Florida at all. But are there no suburbs or smaller towns near Miami where you could raise a family so you could commute? You'd still have the sunshine you enjoy.

Do not downplay the necessity for climate needs. I can understand the support on here for Seattle. But it IS a crowded Hell as any big city is, and it IS grey and gloomy most of the year. You need to really, really assess if you can handle this, because you can't escape the problem by moving to the 'burbs. I've lived in the Portland area since '78 and have never adapted to the weather.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,826,353 times
Miami gets alot more rain than Seattle . Seattle gets 37inchs a year and miami gets 62inches a year . Yet Seattle has more rainy days 150 a year Miami has 135. Seattle has dry sunny summers its still dry and sunny now since late June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.