Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,593,335 times

Advertisements

By minority, I mean ethnic minority. I lived in Atlanta for 20 years, and while many blacks like myself were democrats and liberal, you could also find black republicans or conservatives. I'm personally a black libertarian, who is on the right of fiscal issues, and kind of conservative about social issues, but don't really care enough to have the govenrment change social policy.

I'm actually quite interested, from people's opinion as to what cities are likely to have etnic conservatives.

I've found that I'm generally in good company in Atlanta with other blacks, who are similarly conservative for the most part. Even if they don't vote conservatively, they generally have conservative views, espeically fiscally.

Here in Seattle, I'm hard pressed to find any conservatives let alone black conservatives.

Which city, in your opinion has more minority conservative? This isn't only for black (I'm black), but any minority group.

My guess would be southern states would be more likely to have conservative minorities, followed by the North East, and West coast. I think the midwest may have the least
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,056,060 times
Houston probably has some black conservatives.
We have plenty of Asian conservatives here in Orange County, many of them being Protestant churchgoers.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Show me an enclave of Cubans or Vietnamese, and I'll show you a reliable Republican voting bloc. The same holds true of Filipinos, but to a lesser extent.

As for conservative blacks, Herman Cain has taken the place of Neal Boortz, and he broadcasts from the same studio in Atlanta that Boortz did.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,593,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Show me an enclave of Cubans or Vietnamese, and I'll show you a reliable Republican voting bloc. The same holds true of Filipinos, but to a lesser extent.

As for conservative blacks, Herman Cain has taken the place of Neal Boortz, and he broadcasts from the same studio in Atlanta that Boortz did.
I've been out of Atlanta for awhile. I didn't know Boortz retired. I bet WSB 750 naked without him. Herman Cain is a logicAL choice, he's been a conservative host on Atlanta radio for awhile now.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,181,211 times
Cubans in Miami and Hialeah.
Thankfully that tide is shifting as the old die off and the young don't have the same anti Kennedy/Democrats bent as their predecessors did.
But, then again, are Cubans in Miami really considered a minority?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,960,035 times
Most ethnic immigrant groups in America hold at least a SOCIALY Conservative view-point as a good number of countiries that these immgrants come from aren't as secularized as America. The Cubans in Miami is the greatest example from a Hispanic perspective. But are anti-gov't Cubans really any more Conservative from a social view-point than Mexicans or Puerto Ricans? Do Cubans oppose abortion, gay-marriage, marijuana legalization anymore than Mexicans or Puerto Ricans? Ironically, alot of native Conservative Floridians have a bent towards the Cuban/Hispanic community in SoFla, even though they make-up the largest Hispanic-Republican voting bloc in the nation. Marco Rubio is the Republican savior, but if you spent time with a native Republican(or Dem for that matter) Floridian and hear their general feelings towards Miami, you'll hear many gripes of what Miami "has become" even though the Cuban story in Miami is all-american, all-republican through and through(with a tad bit of corruption though).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.