Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:43 AM

647 posts, read 1,523,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
If neither Dallas nor the Phoenix metro areas on that list then it's bunk imo. Only city mentioned in that list that I would consider great for single guys is Fort Worth. Women in the Dallas/Fort Worth area... hhhnngggg.

Texas is where it's at guys. So many cute and sweet girls there
Have to kind of disagree with this, especially the Dallas/Fort Worth part. While the girls are attractive, they're definitely too uptight/unfriendly/hard to get. I've been in Dallas for about two decades of my luck and have NO luck with women here (And I consider myself attractive/have a good job). I've had way more luck in Austin and Houston where the girls are more laid back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 03:52 AM

87 posts, read 229,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
I will never understand these threads. What, you're so desperate that your only criterion for a potential mate is that she exist?

And what about single gay men? Well whatever, who cares? They aren't really "men" anyway, are they? [/extreme sarcasm]

Apart from the INCREDIBLE levels of sexism these topics routinely bring forth, the basic concept is 100% flawed. Move to a place that fits YOU for who YOU are and you'll be a ton more likely to find someone you like than if you move to a city literally because it has "a lot of single women." You can't fall in love with a statistic.

If you are seriously considering moving to a new city because of how purportedly "good for single men/women/whatever" it is, there are much deeper aspects of your life you need to reevaluate.
I think if you'll do an internet search for "best cities for single women" you'll see that men and women are equally interested in this subject.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to move to a city just because it has a lot of single women or single men.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
So, if I move to Boston girls will be lining up to date me??? It couldn't have anything to do with my personality or looks, or how I flirt and talk to women could it?? No, the problem couldn't be me, it's got to be where I'm living where I'm living

Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM

87 posts, read 229,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
So, if I move to Boston girls will be lining up to date me??? It couldn't have anything to do with my personality or looks, or how I flirt and talk to women could it?? No, the problem couldn't be me, it's got to be where I'm living where I'm living
Just because there are a lot of single women in Boston doesn't mean it's a good city for single men. In my experience, it's one of the worst cities for single men. Why would you want to put yourself through that kind of aggravation when there are so many better US cities for single men?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient Oracle View Post
Just because there are a lot of single women in Boston doesn't mean it's a good city for single men. In my experience, it's one of the worst cities for single men. Why would you want to put yourself through that kind of aggravation when there are so many better US cities for single men?
I was being sarcastic. I don't think the city really matters that much. I believe it has to do with the person.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,443,841 times
HAH looks like I hit a nerve. Friendly advice: there's no such thing as a city that's good or bad for single anybody. Period. It's a myth. They're all the same. If you're bitter because you don't have a significant other, that's up to you to change, not the city you live in.
Now, you can move to a city that fits your personality better and you might be more likely to meet someone similar to you, but you aren't owed anything, and there's no such thing as a "how many girls in ______ city will want to date me" statistic.

Last edited by JMT; 03-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Let's not call another poster "pitiful and misogynistic"

Old 03-26-2013, 07:33 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Nice to see Indy made the list.
Seems like there are alot of singles in Downtown Indianapolis and with tons of resturants to eat at that doesnt surprise me Indy made the list.
Indy has the lowest cost of living of any major US city and the nations most affordable housing market so its easy to live on a single income in Indianapolis.
Thats debatable.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:13 PM

345 posts, read 1,031,082 times
Quote:
I've spent a lot more time in Houston than Dallas/Fort Worth. While there were certainly attractive women in Houston, I didn't see the kind of off-the-charts, Rebecca Romijn-like women that I've seen in San Francisco. If a woman looks like Rebecca Romijn, is it so awful if she's a feminist?
Well all I can say is I've spent little time in Texas (both Dallas and Austin) but saw cute girls EVERYWHERE in both cities. My head was spinning when I landed at the Austin airport and looked around, this was in 2011. Wasn't even at any nightclubs or whatever. It's not like this in the Bay Area at all... but looks like you have different experience or find different types of women attractive.\

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Have to kind of disagree with this, especially the Dallas/Fort Worth part. While the girls are attractive, they're definitely too uptight/unfriendly/hard to get. I've been in Dallas for about two decades of my luck and have NO luck with women here (And I consider myself attractive/have a good job). I've had way more luck in Austin and Houston where the girls are more laid back.
I didn't really get that uptight vibe much... other then maybe a few select areas like "Uptown" or "Shops @ Legacy" in Plano driving through there. But every city has their uppity area and just cause they wear expensive clothes etc. doesn't mean she's automatically a b$tch. Dallas seemed to have a social vibe to it, a lot of cities aren't like that and women are thus less approachable. Be grateful that Dallas women appear to take care of themselves and actually care how they look and want to be feminine. You know the place much more then I do (only been once) but I left with a good impression of the women and the area in general. A lot of stuff going on! Vibrant place

Then why don't you check out Austin or Houston. The grass isn't always greener, but I think these are two good choices as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM

287 posts, read 341,004 times
Philadelphia's better than all the cities on that stupid list.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 PM

139 posts, read 328,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Well to be fair if you are in the Deep South where everyone marries at age 19 and you are still single at 27, then moving may be a viable solution. If that's not the case, then I agree.

I do however disagree with some of the cities listed. San Francisco and Seattle are probably great for single gay men, but I think for a straight guy places like NYC, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles would be preferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
As a gay male I agree regarding San Francisco and to a lesser degree Seattle. NYC, LA and Miami in my opinion are right up with San Francisco in terms of being gay male-centric and are not exactly bastions of heterosexuality.

Quote:
If you want to find a better city for single heterosexual men than San Francisco, you would have to move to Canada or another continent.
As a single straight female I disagree with all of those statements quoted above. Think about it. There are a lot more straight females in SF then there are straight males. So it is much easier for straight guys to meet girls because the ratio is skewed in favor of the straight guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.