Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:31 PM

10 posts, read 10,872 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me preface this querey with a few very important disclaimers

1. This is NOT a troll thread. I am being 100% earnest and genuine when I tell you all that I -want- to move to whichever city the answer turns out to be(majority will hopefully have it)

2. I am not interested in being politically or socially correct for my purposes in this forum, I am however, keenly intent on being respectful. So, if you happen to be some proper type who wants to cast stones at me for wanting to go to said city, please, refrain from leaving any obvious and ill-fated comments. To each their own. Maybe some people would like to take the road less traveled rather than the: " where's the best, coolest, awesomest, chicest, hippest, -in- city to live now???? "

In short, please..PLEASE only respond here if you have an ANSWER to the specific question. I'm not interested in arguing my finer points that do hold true despite my question to a bunch of strangers.

I'm truly interested to find the city with the biggest "brain drain" going on to live in for perhaps a period of a few years. The only things I'm looking for are a decent-sized population and at least some discernable element of public trans. That's it. Let's just say all other living factors will be manageable for me, and leave it at that so I am not inundated with questions about the details of my living requirements.

Thank you all in advance for sharing your knowledge and personal experiences here, and I hope many of you have been to multiple major cities, and can really finger the one with the biggest brain drain going on right now.

Thanks folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM

908 posts, read 1,419,366 times
Dayton, OH has a bus system, if that's enough transit for you.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times
Yep, can't get much more brain-drain than Dayton right now. Heck, I from Dayton, have wanted to live in the city proper my entire life, and now I'm even convinced it is a very bad place to be a young professional (although it is excellent for newly-weds, young families, etc.)

More info here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/dayto...live-what.html

Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM

21 posts, read 27,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aClockwork0range View Post
Ok, let me preface this querey with a few very important disclaimers

1. This is NOT a troll thread. I am being 100% earnest and genuine when I tell you all that I -want- to move to whichever city the answer turns out to be(majority will hopefully have it)

2. I am not interested in being politically or socially correct for my purposes in this forum, I am however, keenly intent on being respectful. So, if you happen to be some proper type who wants to cast stones at me for wanting to go to said city, please, refrain from leaving any obvious and ill-fated comments. To each their own. Maybe some people would like to take the road less traveled rather than the: " where's the best, coolest, awesomest, chicest, hippest, -in- city to live now???? "

In short, please..PLEASE only respond here if you have an ANSWER to the specific question. I'm not interested in arguing my finer points that do hold true despite my question to a bunch of strangers.

I'm truly interested to find the city with the biggest "brain drain" going on to live in for perhaps a period of a few years. The only things I'm looking for are a decent-sized population and at least some discernable element of public trans. That's it. Let's just say all other living factors will be manageable for me, and leave it at that so I am not inundated with questions about the details of my living requirements.

Thank you all in advance for sharing your knowledge and personal experiences here, and I hope many of you have been to multiple major cities, and can really finger the one with the biggest brain drain going on right now.

Thanks folks.
There are many states within the mid west that have experience a brain drain, with articles written specifically because of that concern. Two major cities I can think of are Detroit and Cleveland. Smaller cities like Akron and Youngstown, are also not doing well with attracting college graduates.

Duas grande cidades e Detroit e Cleveland.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Detroit.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,218,274 times
cincinnati

Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,603,611 times
College grads flock to major, burgeoning metros

From 2006 to 2011, the cities out of the top 100 metros that lost graduates (in no particular order) are Detroit, Las Vegas, , Tuscon, Toledo, Fort Collins, CO, Springfield, MA, Knoxville, Lancaster, PA, Wilmington, DE, and West Palm Beach, FL.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 AM

249 posts, read 443,808 times
Awesome input guys. Hope to see more.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times
Shreveport, Louisiana is a perfect choice.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,231,068 times
Little Rock
Buffalo
Louisville

Would be my top 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.