Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:09 PM

146 posts, read 797,548 times

Advertisements

I just want to point out that I did the above post to point out an ******* for what he is, an *******. I know this may offend some, and I apologize. However, I have seen like three people apologize to this jerk, and I just feel bad that they're doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 PM

104 posts, read 449,954 times
Monumental, I don't want to be mean, but your posts are literally among the most irrational, immature, biased, and, at times, vicious I've read. I recall one time being on the Seattle forum and actually leaving thinking that Seattlites are arrogant and extremely defensive — after reading a thread you partook in. It didn't occur to me until now that you singlehandedly gave Seattle a bad reputation.

Last edited by Othon; 11-13-2007 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 AM

288 posts, read 1,329,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
I just want to point out that I did the above post to point out an ******* for what he is, an *******. I know this may offend some, and I apologize. However, I have seen like three people apologize to this jerk, and I just feel bad that they're doing that.
GreenOR

I think this pretty much sums you up.

"Only an ignorant uneducated person will become profane, blasphemous and obscene when they feel helpless, overwhelmed and challenged mentally or socially".

You are hopeless.

To Othon?

The fact that you took the time out to post that meaningless nonsense and go on with your crying about someone on a forum is pretty pathetic IMO.

Anyone on here will tell you people overstate or understate towns all the time. I've notice a lot of people for some reason are misinformed about things concerning Seattle and other cities. I along with others have corrected them. Don't get upset if you say something idiotic (like GreenOR) "Portland has more tech importance than Seattle" and someone challenges your theory. Do your research next time.

I recall putting Philly in a wrong tier before and admitted to making a mistake. You guys mention Seattle more than I do. Look, for you sensitive folks and for the last time, we all know cities are on different levels (NY, L.A., Chi, San Fran, D.C. top - then Seattle comes somewhere after that) If you think that’s over biased then I suggest you think again. Get off this Seattle thing already, no one cares where you want to live.

Thanks for continuing a meaningless thread.

Last edited by Monumental1; 11-14-2007 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: .

Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 AM

Maybe you failed to read the other page full of quotes from you. There's a big difference between correcting people and berating them. It seems that all you like to do is berate people. You want to say that only an ignorant uneducated person will become profane, or obscene? Read the last page to see how ignorant you truly are.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 AM

In case you totally missed it, look at page 2 Monumental1. I can't wait to hear your line of defense for that crap

Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
There are actually many big name game studios located in the Seattle area besides the big ones Nintendo and Microsoft....Valve Software, Sierra, Bungie, Monolith, Popcap, WildTangent......I don't want to sound belittling or mean, but the fact that Linus Torvalds lives in Portland does not mean that Linux is somehow headquartered out of Portland. It is a worldwide movement, very decentralized. The notion that Portland and to a lesser extent Austin are bigger tech centers than Seattle is pretty laughable (Austin is almost right up there with Seattle, but not quite).

Last edited by toughguy; 11-14-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.