Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM

14,190 posts, read 22,794,416 times

Advertisements

I know one Asian man married to a white woman, and two Asian women married to white men. This seems to support the data that Asian women marry white men more frequently than Asian men marry white women, but it also supports that data that Asian men do, in fact, marry white women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,243,596 times
I watched an episode of Dog Whisperer yesterday featuring a Asian man/white woman couple (both very good looking) and their misbehaving but also good-looking yellow lab. This was in LA I believe. So yes, they do exist.

All kidding aside (though that was a true story) I've seen plenty of Asian men/white women couples... not the most common interracial combination but most certainly not the least common.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 PM

34 posts, read 45,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkobee View Post
I can vouch for this stat

But their data showed that the White women in the study would also consider dating men or color, but only if he made more money than a comparable White man, as follows:

Latino American men: + $77,000
African American men: + $154,000
Asian American men: + $246,000

I read another study that according to IRS the highest household income racially is specifically "Asian Male + White Female". It is far higher than the next highest "White male + White Female". If anybody has ever been to SF, you can most likely count to 100 white guy / asian female couple until you actually get to one asian guy / white female combo, lol
actually, that data is BS because no woman actually thinks like that. ask any woman and they will tell you that they don't link ethnicity with income when it comes to potential spouses. remember that white women would actually prefer a good looking, westernized asian dude over most white men; if anything, an asian dude like that wouldn't be attracted to most white women and would know he's too good for them, so it'd actually be the other way around.

and no, the average AMWF couple earns $70,000 a year, which is only $10k more than the $60,000 earned for the average white-white couple. this is most likely be cause AMWF tend to be more educated in general, which again refutes the useless data

also, the majority of white guy/asian female combos have the asian female being ugly or average looking at best, which only reinforces the stereotype of unattractive asian women dating out their race. the white girls with asian dudes are actually more attractive.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:47 PM

34 posts, read 45,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Seems 2 be very common all over the US. Both in real life, and in media, movies, Hollywood: Mighty Whitey and Mellow Yellow - TV Tropes
except that the asian females you see with white guys are mostly below average to average in looks. there's actually a stereotype that the asian women who date out of their race are less attractive than those who date other asians; if you live in california, just take a walk through any public area and you can confirm this for yourself.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:51 PM

1,273 posts, read 993,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I have a friend from the Philippines who met his white wife in Atlanta. Have you considered that it's not your race that makes you unsuccessful with women?
My ex before my husband is Filipino. He dates white women exclusively. His current girlfriend he's been dating for 3 years I think, maybe more. He told me he plans on proposing to her soon. If he gets married it will be to a white woman, it's what he prefers and won't consider anything else.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvineHusband View Post
except that the asian females you see with white guys are mostly below average to average in looks. there's actually a stereotype that the asian women who date out of their race are less attractive than those who date other asians; if you live in california, just take a walk through any public area and you can confirm this for yourself.
My ex's oldest sister is stunningly gorgeous and married to a ruggedly handsome white guy.

Where do people come up with these weird sterotypes?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Where do you live? I don't think it's common by any means, I think there are a lot more Asian girl/white dudes.

But, white girls will definitely date Asian guys.

Agree with whoever said it was rare to see an Asian guy with a black female.
It may be rare but not unheard of. I had a friend I'm high school who's mom is an African American US military service member who met his Japanese dad while stationed in Japan. Gorgeous guy, half black half Japanese makes a very good looking combo, at least in his case.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:33 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,479,272 times
I live in LA and I don't see many Asian men with White woman to be honest. With white woman out here they usually date hispanic or black men if they are to date interracially. In terms of asians dating interracially it's usually white men with asian woman. When I lived in DC I never saw asian men with white woman nor did I see that when I was in Phoenix, so I'm a little bit with you stating that those numbers are really hard to believe. They do date different nationalities in CA though, like a lot of my asian male friends who are Chinese date koreans and Japanese girls. I've actually seen a descent number of Asian and black couples here in LA also.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:56 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,787,835 times
I know lots of interracial couples. When I lived in Dallas, I knew:

White man/Pakistani woman
South African Man (colored)/Pakistani woman
White man/Punjabi woman
White man/black woman
Colombian man/white woman
Punjabi Man/Black woman

It seems to be as common here in Houston. In LA, it definitely was too. It seemed less common when I lived in Chicago.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:51 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,336,408 times
I think we will start to see more and more Asian male/non-Asian female (not just white) pairings as time progresses. The only reason it is scarce now is because the media portrays Asian males negatively and for the longest time, Asians were seen as the "foreign race." American women are less likely to marry someone foreign (with obvious exceptions of British and Australian) and very different, whereas American men are more adventurous and less bashful towards what is seen as different. However, now the Asian-American population is growing and there are more and more 2nd, 3rd, etc. generation Asian-Americans who are very much assimilated into mainstream American society. The stereotype that Asian males are feminine in both appearance and mannerisms compared to other races is slowly but surely crumbling. And I'll add that it is a highly, highly inaccurate and Eurocentric stereotype at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.