Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 AM

11 posts, read 12,366 times

Advertisements

Well I kinda feel like Ive been and done the Colorado thing. Wanna try a different state. No one has said much about my idea of Charlotte, was kinda hoping someone would shoot out their opinions on that as well. The idea of a room in California I would have to think about, not sure if Im up for that or not. Isnt taxes and all pretty expensive in California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Surprised nobody has mentioned Austin.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stripe View Post
Hmmm, I've never been to Salt Lake city. Only place Ive been in Utah is Moab and I loved it. Have you ever lived their or do you? I know their are a lot of Mormons their and i have heard they tend to have a lot of children(not sure on this)do you think that could be an affect on that percentage? I don't want to get their and find its got that percentage because theirs a bazillion little kids lol. What a dissapointment that would be ha!
I have not lived in Salt Lake City but have visited often and know someone living there. Despite the stereotype of "all the Mormons" as Utah's largest city, state capital and home to the state's largest university (University of Utah) there are far more non-Mormons living there, about 65%. There are also not a lot of families and actually more singles/couples without kids according to the demographics which show only one if four households in SLC has kids.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Well man that sounds interesting, I will do some research on it. How is the general attitude of SLC? Seem like a pretty chill city or kinda uptight?

As far as Austin goes, I don't know anything about Austin, but I would imagine like other parts of Texas it gets fairly hot and humid their...I really don't wanna go anywhere thats more hot and humid than Memphis where Im at now.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Ive always viewed cali as too expensive. Isn't gas like 4.50 a gallon or something? I pay 3.25 here in memphis. I dont want to spend no more than 800 with utilities to rent because im building my savings. I dont need a lot, but I do want a little privacy. Looking for around 800sq feet give or take with off street parking. Is that possible in cali? I do like the outdoors life of California. I just doubt the expense is worth it since at this point in my life.
California is a big state, and believe me, we're not all rich here.

Gas is more expensive here, but wine is way cheaper I used to live in Nashville, and I couldn't afford to drink my wine anymore. Had to switch to hard liquor he he.

Produce is cheaper here, too.

Here's an example of a place you could afford that is a university town in CA. Fresno. It's close to Kings Canyon National Park and Yosemite, too.

I did a search for another young man just yesterday for housing in Fresno for only $600/month and it's do-able.

Summers are hot, winters are mild. You could easily meet young women by going to meetups:

Meetups near Fresno, California - Meetup

Anyway, if you want to check it out, here are some links. I love the SF Bay Area, but I could see myself living in Fresno.

Best area is supposed to be Clovis, which is north of Fresno. Zoom out to see how close it is to the National Parks.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=clovi...&ved=0CJEBELYD

Here are some apts in Clovis. They're even cheaper in Fresno proper. I put in $700 max, so you'd have $100 for utilities. Air conditioning will be a cost in summer, but winters are mild.

fresno apts/housing for rent classifieds "clovis" - craigslist

Food for thought, anyway.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM

Yea maybe I was stereotyping a bit. Well is their some place in California that has a little milder summers for around the same price? Just curious. I will check out those links though thank you very much! I was in Fresno once when I was like 13, also visited Sandiego, and Palm springs. Dont remember a lot, I remember thinking san diego was nice.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Well man that sounds interesting, I will do some research on it. How is the general attitude of SLC? Seem like a pretty chill city or kinda uptight?
I'd suggest you take this question to the Salt Lake City forum. Probably at least half of the regular posters there are not LDS, and could give you a pretty good idea about how life there really is.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:51 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Yea maybe I was stereotyping a bit. Well is their some place in California that has a little milder summers for around the same price? Just curious. I will check out those links though thank you very much! I was in Fresno once when I was like 13, also visited Sandiego, and Palm springs. Dont remember a lot, I remember thinking san diego was nice.
I haven't been able to find anywhere that cheap except in the central valley, that isn't in the middle of nowhere. Anywhere cooler and cheap, would be some dinky town, if you could even find one, without all the young women :-)

You trade hot summers (with very low humidity) for no snow, and cheap rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.