Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 4,996 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a single black woman with no young kids, I am an artist, and not into nightlife. I like peace n quite. I would prefer living in a retirement mobile home park that in a neighborhood with lots of kids and young adults. I am only 43 so I can't live in a 55+ park I am just saying this as an example of what kind of environment I like. I have saved +30k and want to leave Massachusetts high prices and winters

I have looked into a few state, but I haven't found enough info to take the plunge. I would love Washington state but it is expensive and around Seattle is ever more so. I looked into macon ga area but the crime rate is a turn off. I do have a friend who is moving there but I don't think it's a fit for me. I like Dover Delaware area and the Chesapeake Bay Area as well. So this is what I need help with.

1 I would like to maybe buy a mobile home 2 bedroom for around 20k out right. Is this even possible in your Area. I search trulia but these realty sites, can be out of date and finding info on the cheap places is hard.
2 If I rent then a town or city that a 2 bedroom goes for about 500-600 a month 700 w stuff included
3 a place where cultures, mix well.
4 I am sick of brutal winters but would rather deal with that that excessive heat.
5 my grown son may come with me and will need a job so a good job market is good. He does construction, retail, and will do anything really.
6 cost of live examples I.e. Rent, utilities, etc
7 nightlife doesn't mean anything to me, I prefer, going to the beach, taking a local class, or other mellow activities than getting drunk.

Well I guess that's all for now, any help is greatly appreciated. If anything isn't clear just ask me to explain better.

Namaste
Tina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Finding a 20K mobile home is going to put you in place to live that'll most likely be dangerous and not what you had in mind otherwise. Given your other criteria which includes mixed cultures, a thriving economy/jobs, an art scene, beach/cultural activities and rent in your price bracket would suggest the Charleston, SC area. Check out the North Charleston/Hanahan/Summerville area.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
If you like Dover and the Chesapeake Bay Area, then see if there some communities that fit. Maybe a community like Salisbury MD in the Eastern Shore or communities in VA that are within a reasonable distance of Richmond or the Tidewater/Hampton Roads may have what you are looking for.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 AM

31 posts, read 67,507 times
Plenty of places with nice cheaper mobile homes around Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas Counties
Florida. Really there are. Especially around Pinellas Park, and around The City of Bradenton south across the skyway bridge from Tampa and old Tampa Bay.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:30 PM

6 posts, read 4,996 times
Thanks all for the responses, I don't need a mobile home,would like but not need. I look into the areas you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.