Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 05:48 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's wrong then as there have been multiple reports of alligators found wandering throughout Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:00 PM

132 posts, read 545,909 times
First Maryland does not have enough Waffle Houses and now it doesn't have enough Alligators. Well, what fun is Maryland then?

Old 11-17-2013, 06:44 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's wrong then as there have been multiple reports of alligators found wandering throughout Maryland.
I thought you would say something like this.. They aren't naturally occurring there, nor are they maintaining a population.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,520,947 times
I'm not saying these are dominant by any stretch the the imagination, but would you consider the following cities to be southern:
OKC
Louisville
St. Louis

Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
Been there! It's near Franklin and Marshall University. My buddy told me it's the most northernmost Waffle House in the world.
There are Waffle Houses in Scranton, PA, which is north of NYC.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,904,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It's a game you started. You made sure to point out to annie that you believe you spent more time in Houston than he did. Just thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one around here with some experience.

You stated this "opinion" of yours as if it were a matter of fact. I was simply saying that, as a native of the city, I saw your observation as incorrect.
No annie made a statement saying that I haven't spent time in Houston and just corrected him. I never said my opinion is fact so gets your facts straight. As usual you go around talking what you don't kknow.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I thought you would say something like this.. They aren't naturally occurring there, nor are they maintaining a population.
That's not the point. They are there is the point.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
I'm not saying these are dominant by any stretch the the imagination, but would you consider the following cities to be southern:
OKC
Louisville
St. Louis
OKC - I guess so
Louisville- yes
St. Louis- no.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
No annie made a statement saying that I haven't spent time in Houston and just corrected him. I never said my opinion is fact so gets your facts straight. As usual you go around talking what you don't kknow.
No, I didn't. I said it seems like you haven't spent time there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's not the point. They are there is the point.
Um, no.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I'd say Atlanta for geographic and cultural reasons. Houston a good second choice as it is in the Eastern part of Texas which is culturally more aligned with the Southeastern states, but I still think it is too far removed from the rest of the Southern states to be too influential and it has a lot of other cultural influences that Atlanta does not.

There is a very clear line when traveling away from East Texas where you know you are not in the geographic South anymore. Anyone familiar with DFW knows that this area claims to be Southwestern, but it does have influences of the Midwest/Great Plains and a splash of Southern, especially in the African American community and is the home of Southwestern cuisine. Miami is even more on the fringes than Dallas. So that's why my vote goes to Atlanta.
What foods are we talking about?

I honestly find Dallas to be much more southern than people give it credit for. Certainly more than just a splash. The city reminds me of Memphis as much as it does Oklahoma City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.