Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 12:39 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times

Advertisements

Not necessarily states, but how much of America have you actually seen? I prefer to take my travels abroad, but I feel like I've seen a good portion of America.

I've only been to about 15 states, but I've been all over the country. I haven't really done any of the nature stuff such as the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, etc. but I've been in big cities in every region of the States. And that's enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 01:01 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,526,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Not necessarily states, but how much of America have you actually seen? I prefer to take my travels abroad, but I feel like I've seen a good portion of America.

I've only been to about 15 states, but I've been all over the country. I haven't really done any of the nature stuff such as the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, etc. but I've been in big cities in every region of the States. And that's enough for me.
Doesn't sound like nearly enough for me

Old 02-05-2015, 01:10 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,687,621 times
I've been mostly on the coast of America... from up and down the east coast, gulf coast and west coast....have not done much in the interior. . . I'd like to also see the grand canyon, rocky mountains, deserts, etc. I'd also like to see more of the pacific northwest./

Old 02-05-2015, 01:21 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,572 times
I've traveled extensively in all the states in the west, so everything west of and including MT, WY. CO, NM, TX. I've also traveled the full eastern seaboard from FL to ME. I've visited about 8 of the states in between those two areas. I think I've been to about 35 states in total.

I am a big outdoor recreation enthusiast, so my personal travels are oriented in that direction. I also travel quite a bit for work, and those trips take me to the cities.

In terms of what's missing, I would like to visit Alaska and Hawaii someday, but don't feel any strong urge to see the other states I've not visited.

Dave

Old 02-05-2015, 01:21 PM

814 posts, read 1,149,832 times
I'm up to 43 of the 48 continental states and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface!

Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,327 times
47 states; 3 cross-country car trips; lots of other road trips in various parts of the country. I've been to all but 1 of the 25 largest cities listed here:

List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I've lived in 10 states and one District.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:52 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Washington (state) to Virginia, Texas/Florida to Minnesota, and Canada down to Chile.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
I've been to most major cities, up and down both coasts and touched foot in about 30 states, including Hawaii. I haven't seen most of the Mountain West (Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, the Dakotas) or the Upper/Outer Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma).

Old 02-05-2015, 02:31 PM

3,701 posts, read 4,845,879 times
Since I'm in boating/fishing I have visited, extensively most of the east coast from Key West to Nantucket and practically every stop along the way. My non fishing/boating travels usually take me to the Appalachians from NC to PA. Have even done a delivery up the west coast of FL to Panama City. Overall not much in regards to the size of this country. I was hoping to do a cross country drive this winter across the southern tier but that had to be put off. Eventually I'll make it out west.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:36 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,672 times
40/50 states.

On my bucket list: Alaska, Maine, and Utah in that order.

Other states never seen: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Vermont, and New Hampshire.

Oh misread,

I've been only to limited areas of Canada (namely Windsor and Toronto- would like to see Vancouver, Montreal and the Yukon). I've been to only limited areas of Mexico (border areas and areas within driving distance). I've been to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic for Caribbean islands. I've been to Costa Rica for Central America and I've been to Colombia, Peru and Brazil for South America (of which I traveled extensively through Peru and Brazil and was only in Bogota for Colombia).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.