Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 05:07 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharateek View Post
It seems like Indian/South Asian people in New Jersey and the Bay Area generally:

1. Only hang out with other Indians
2. Only date and marry other Indians
3. Only associate with other Indians for the most part

What areas of the USA have Indian populations that are more assimilated?
Perhaps it's you? Just kidding.

I've never had a problem meeting or hanging out with people of many different races all over the states. Then again I typically make the first move to talk to someone so...

Dated an off the boat Indian girl for a while who was madly in love with me, but any talk of marriage would have been out of the question. At least without having to work on her parents for a while.

Then again back in the mid-90's black women didn't date out that much until BET, MTV, and other sources pushed for it being okay.

Anything that's new to people is going to be met with some trepidation and require an extra effort.

I'd be willing to bet somewhere out there two people of warring cultures have come together and are putting in the effort to make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 06:07 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Come to Dallas or Houston.
So somehow Dallas or Houston are the exception where Indians/South Asians shake off their customs/traditions and turn into BBQ loving, football loving Joe Bubbas with Caucasian wives? Color me suspect given the trend elsewhere.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:35 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,494,889 times
Many Indians in Morrisville and Cary, NC.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:59 PM

40 posts, read 87,359 times
When I was in Seattle I saw a reasonable number of Indian men with white or Asian girlfriends, they weren't giving up on quality while going interracial either. I mean I was seeing cute white girls and fairly good looking asian girls (east asian) with indian boyfriends and husbands. The Indian guys there seemed very assimilated and they seemed to be loving the place as well. Think that Seattle, WA might be the best place in the USA for South Asian guys because of their good image in the area and the fact that people there are just so friendly.

Can't think of a better place in the country for an Indian guy that wants to assimilate. People are open to making friends with different races and an Indian guy with decent looks, game, plus a nice career can have his pick of the litter when it comes to women.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:34 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
So somehow Dallas or Houston are the exception where Indians/South Asians shake off their customs/traditions and turn into BBQ loving, football loving Joe Bubbas with Caucasian wives? Color me suspect given the trend elsewhere.
Which Dallas and Houston is this?

Old 04-06-2015, 06:05 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,723,130 times
Louisiana.

We came to US to become Americans not Indian-Americans: Bobby Jindal - The Times of India

Old 04-06-2015, 09:34 PM

40 posts, read 87,359 times
I would avoid the south in general, it isn't too hospitable towards "arabs" (aka anyone that is brown and not latino) in general who want to fit in and assimilate. The Northwest is a much better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.