Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 05:43 PM

6 posts, read 8,059 times

Advertisements

I'm starting a new job soon, working from home, so I have the opportunity to move wherever I want. I am single and in my mid-twenties. I'm looking for a city that is warm most of the year (never freezing), bicycle-friendly, and vegan-friendly (local produce is a big plus). Low crime rate is also important to me. I'd like to spend around $1000 on rent, but $1200-$1400 might be fine if I found the perfect place. Does anyone have any suggestions of cities/neighborhoods to look into? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:47 PM

19 posts, read 18,404 times
Could you explain what "vegan-friendly" means? Because most major cities will all have plenty of restaurants that offer vegan food.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:51 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,520,947 times
Check out Davis, California. Their motto is "Most bicycle friendly town in the world." It's a college town with lots of vegan-friendly options. You'd be an hour from San Francisco, yet the rent is significantly cheaper. You'd also be within easy driving distance from Napa, Big Sur, Yosemite and Tahoe. If you're not too keen on a college town, Santa Rosa, California could work too.

If those cities are too expensive, Tucson could be a good option. Check out the 4th Avenue District. It's very bike friend, progressive, walkable, and there's great vegan options. Unfortunately, it unravels into suburban sprawl quite quickly. But it's warm, liberal, and inexpensive.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:26 AM

16 posts, read 10,737 times
Yuma, Arizona. Very affordable housing, I walk and bike everywhere. Lots of winter time produce! Farmers market. Lots of water in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.