Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
It make no sense to you because your messaging a person who doesn't want to live in that environment. Scale down qnd you'll understand.
It makes no sense because you think "that environment" is based on nothing more than city proper population. Atlanta has a lot more of "that environment" than San Antonio despite having a smaller city population because it's a larger overall region. It's about your logic not your personal preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 PM

2,655 posts, read 2,096,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It makes no sense because you think "that environment" is based on nothing more than city proper population. Atlanta has a lot more of "that environment" than San Antonio despite having a smaller city population because it's a larger overall region. It's about your logic not your personal preference.
Again. Opinionated. I don't live in those places and i won't.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Again. Opinionated. I don't live in those places and i won't.
You said maybe you'd live in Atlanta, DC, or Miami but you'd never live in a city proper of 1M+ people because it's too many people for you. It just doesn't make sense to not include the population of the larger region and only focus on the city proper, but hey, do you.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
You said maybe you'd live in Atlanta, DC, or Miami but you'd never live in a city proper of 1M+ people because it's too many people for you. It just doesn't make sense to not include the population of the larger region and only focus on the city proper, but hey, do you.
You're taking maybe as a Yes which isn't the case and finally thank you, I've been doing me you just kept rolling on.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You're taking maybe as a Yes which isn't the case and finally thank you, I've been doing me you just kept rolling on.
You just said you won't live in any of those places and earlier you said maybe you would LOL. And you've been responding to my posts throughout this entire exchange; don't act like I've been talking to myself.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
You just said you won't live in any of those places and earlier you said maybe you would LOL. And you've been responding to my posts throughout this entire exchange; don't act like I've been talking to myself.
LoL, i felt that leaving t at Opinions /Viewpoints was an open & shut case on my end. You kept replying back so i felt to give a finished response, and again, and again. Not everybody go by metro population when picking a place to live. They acknowledge it of course but the core city is what matters the most since it's the anchor period. I'm not moving there but If ( IF,IF,IF) i was then it's in the proper not burbs hence more focus on proper. Blacks migrating back then wasn't focusing on metro metrics.
LoL

Old 06-17-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
LoL, i felt that leaving t at Opinions /Viewpoints was an open & shut case on my end. You kept replying back so i felt to give a finished response, and again, and again. Not everybody go by metro population when picking a place to live. They acknowledge it of course but the core city is what matters the most since it's the anchor period. I'm not moving there but If ( IF,IF,IF) i was then it's in the proper not burbs hence more focus on proper. Blacks migrating back then wasn't focusing on metro metrics.
LoL
I doubt they were focusing on ANY metrics. They were looking at things like cost of living, the job market, quality of life, political climate, etc. I wasn't the one who even brought up statistics like city proper or metro area populations because I don't think they really matter as much as you seem to think; I'm not making any type of argument related to population statistics of any kind. This is why I said the people in that video from Boston who limited themselves to just Atlanta as a possible relocation destination in the Southeast were doing so on the basis of it being in the same general weight class as Boston compared to other places in the region. They probably know that Atlanta will come closest to having the offerings and amenities of Boston just based on general knowledge (pro sports, corporate headquarters, mass transit, the airport, colleges and universities, etc.). They wouldn't all of a sudden think a city like Memphis would work for them just because of its city proper population. You're the one making a big deal about statistics, not me.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I doubt they were focusing on ANY metrics. They were looking at things like cost of living, the job market, quality of life, political climate, etc. I wasn't the one who even brought up statistics like city proper or metro area populations because I don't think they really matter as much as you seem to think; I'm not making any type of argument related to population statistics of any kind. This is why I said the people in that video from Boston who limited themselves to just Atlanta as a possible relocation destination in the Southeast were doing so on the basis of it being in the same general weight class as Boston compared to other places in the region. They probably know that Atlanta will come closest to having the offerings and amenities of Boston just based on general knowledge (pro sports, corporate headquarters, mass transit, the airport, colleges and universities, etc.). They wouldn't all of a sudden think a city like Memphis would work for them just because of its city proper population. You're the one making a big deal about statistics, not me.
Rrrrriigghht ( for the bolded).
I'm meant in a way of culturally larger in regard to those cities they wouldn't go to despite not being mainstream popular.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Rrrrriigghht ( for the bolded).
I'm meant in a way of culturally larger in regard to those cities they wouldn't go to despite not being mainstream popular.
I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:14 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
I’d say northern cities like BMORE PHILLY NYC BOS no one talks about metro areas. People talk very clearly about city and suburbs or city and surrounding cities. Most of the country cares much more about metro area and includes it in talking about their city because their suburbs are built more similarly to the city than say Philly BMORE or Boston. NYC will say tristate but that just for promotion of products or parties. people don’t think or claim Jersey City is NYC seven though it feels like it. People know and respect the border, the history and the differences. Same with Cambridge and Boston. It’s unreasonable to apply the standards of southern and western cities on established legacy cities that simply DONT operate that way. It’s not the Bay, it’s not Atlanta Or Chicago or whatever not every metro and its residents act or honk the same and that ought to be respected not washed over for simplicity’s sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.