Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:19 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Are you noticing any new trends in your town? What's the latest craze? Any new "buzz words" people are saying? How about accessories? What's latest off beat look in fashion? This question came to mind as I was remembering a time people wore scrubs and they weren't in the medical field. Scrubs were all about comfort. How about hair styles, anything new? The other day I saw a gray haired man sporting a long thin hair tail. I thought that trend died a long time ago. Have you seen anyone with a tail lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 AM

39 posts, read 161,691 times
We just got the scrubs craze here. We lag behind in West Texas.

Latest craze...let's see...raising your house price so you can try to make a fast buck off your neighbors and friends...no wait...let's not mention that...

I'd have to say that people are getting more creative with their Bible covers. I have seen some crocheted in weird yarns lately...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:39 AM

39 posts, read 161,691 times
Oh yeah, husband wears hair in a long ponytail, always has, he's pushing 80 now but still the tail...no one else wears it that I've seen...among the AA crowd, a pretty shade of copper is showing up ALOT on tresses and hair is still being straightened most often, usually with a high crown teased back...in other news, a dreadful shade of taxi yellow leather is showing up on entirely too many boots worn by the guys..."La Raza" is definitely out of fashion for tagging, but "West Side" remains a favorite...buzz words here: "BOOM" and "BUST" and "OIL" followed by people telling each other "We have the best educated workforce in Texas!" and I have NO IDEA why that is being spread around...main topic: Will it be hot this summer or will it be another mild one?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 PM

36 posts, read 124,510 times
The slang term "thats whats up" I am an older male professional, so I am not up to date
on these things like I used to be. I don't even know if this is new or not, but I like the saying. Everyone at my office here in Houston uses it.

ie co-worker "I like that new Fergie song Clumsy"
my reply "thats Whats up"

Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Are you noticing any new trends in your town? What's the latest craze? Any new "buzz words" people are saying? How about accessories? What's latest off beat look in fashion? This question came to mind as I was remembering a time people wore scrubs and they weren't in the medical field. Scrubs were all about comfort. How about hair styles, anything new? The other day I saw a gray haired man sporting a long thin hair tail. I thought that trend died a long time ago. Have you seen anyone with a tail lately?
People wearing scrubs who aren't in the medical field! Ha! That's too funny! I used to be in the medical field and had to wear scrubs and worked around other clinicians and they used to go outside to hoarf down their smokes and came back in and had smoke smell on their clinical clothing! That was gross! Chew tobaccy or something!

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-18-2008 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: I'm gonna get you back girl! Once I spread it around.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
East Coast - "Get that Gwop"! Another saying for "I would like to obtain some money"!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,760 times
Animal hoarding, drunk driving, and shooting at mobile homes

Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Animal hoarding, drunk driving, and shooting at mobile homes

you just perfectly described Northwestern New Mexico.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 PM

395 posts, read 523,736 times
Here in good 'ol Richmond, Virginia, the latest "craze" is whether to really allow a statue of Abraham Lincoln to be put at the Tredgar Iron works museum. So many people are up in arms aboot this, but I figure, hey, if you have Lincoln, you should put Davis there too.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
One trend out here in Southern California:

Rainbow Sandals, not just any sandal, but a RAINBOW sandal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.