Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 02:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,647 times

Advertisements

I think its interesting how in some cities people are hardly ever sick and others the majority of people are sick.

I remember in Denver it was rare to be around a coughing or sneezing person. I had roomies for years in Denver and I can only remember 1 guy getting a cold once.

I remember people in Minnesota, North Dakota and Iowa being quite healthy also and rarely did I observe people who looked like they were sick.

I visited Wyoming during the middle of flu season and it seemed like I didn't come across one ill person and this was in Laramie with a huge college campus.

Then I moved to Utah where it seemed like people were always calling in sick with colds and flu. Lots of sneezing and coughing also compared to Denver. The pollution is awful in the winter in Salt Lake so the constant sneezing and coughing I heard had something to do with-it. Lots of co-workers had inhalors, had sneezing fits and called in sick.

I moved to Las Vegas where one would think that people have colds and flu's constantly. But I didn't hear the level of sneezing or coughing I heard in Utah. Didn't seem to have many co-workers who were ever ill either.

Then I moved to Arizona and it was much like Utah where people seem to have lots of colds. Its not uncommon for up to 25% of people to call out sick each day. Lots of people have bronchitis and respiratory issues also.

I also remember Floridians being very healthy. Despite the fact I was there during the flu season and then they had very high pollen counts I heard hardly any sneezing or coughing. I alsio noticed Floiridians have silky smooth skin with the botanical breeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.