Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite major United States international airport?
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport 26 17.33%
Los Angeles International Airport 3 2.00%
Chicago O'Hare International Airport 9 6.00%
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport 16 10.67%
Denver International Airport 13 8.67%
New York John F. Kennedy International Airport 4 2.67%
San Francisco International Airport 4 2.67%
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport 2 1.33%
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport 6 4.00%
Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport 8 5.33%
Charlotte Douglas International Airport 6 4.00%
Miami International Airport 1 0.67%
Orlando International Airport 1 0.67%
Newark Liberty International Airport 3 2.00%
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport 6 4.00%
Boston Logan International Airport 5 3.33%
Detroit Metropolitan Airport 7 4.67%
Philadelphia International Airport 6 4.00%
New York LaGuardia Airport 2 1.33%
Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport 1 0.67%
Baltimore–Washington International Airport 0 0%
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport 4 2.67%
Chicago Midway International Airport 0 0%
Salt Lake City International Airport 1 0.67%
Washington Dulles International Airport 0 0%
San Diego International Airport 4 2.67%
Honolulu International Airport 3 2.00%
Tampa International Airport 4 2.67%
Portland International Airport 5 3.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:05 PM

125 posts, read 174,057 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite major United States international airport and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
TAMPA International! If you have ever been there you will agree.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...ion-by/2272903

http://www.tampaairport.com/

Old 07-12-2016, 09:31 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
I dunno... Logan, I guess? It seems fairly accessible for an airport its size.

But I can say in complete confidence my least favorite - San Diego. What a poorly-run, crowded, disorganized dump. You should be ashamed, San Diegans - that place is a disgrace.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:37 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
I dunno... Logan, I guess? It seems fairly accessible for an airport its size.

But I can say in complete confidence my least favorite - San Diego. What a poorly-run, crowded, disorganized dump. You should be ashamed, San Diegans - that place is a disgrace.
Wow total opposite. I voted San Diego for mine. I had a very good experience there and found it to be a very nice airport.

I actually hate Logan. So outdated and crappy.

I would say Chicago O'Hare if it wasn't so busy. There is a lot you can do there to kill time, but the amount of people there is mind boggling.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:51 PM

8,864 posts, read 6,869,333 times
Sea-Tac isn't on there? It's been the fastest-growing major airport in the US percentagewise over the past few years.

It's not phenomenal but it's relatively close-in, the site is so small you can easily walk to the offsite hotel row, there's a train to Downtown Seattle every 6/10/15 minutes depending on time of day, and a building binge (more coming) has made it a lot nicer with higher capacity. A new runway means the old weather-related reductions to one stream are over and it's now reliable, which is one reason why we have a lot of new flights. (One of the next projects is a new international arrivals hall, so less waiting!)

Old 07-12-2016, 11:32 PM

486 posts, read 601,842 times
ATL is my favorite. Best designed terminal and I love the PlaneTrain!

Also, I think ATL has the most domestic destinations of any US airport, which is always a plus.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:40 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,938,965 times
I've traveled extensively around Europe, Asia, and Central/S. America for work and every major airport in the US; my "home" airports-or airports that I've used the most have been Tampa, Charlotte, Denver, and Seattle.

Without a doubt I second Tampa International. There are bigger and busier airports, of course. But I've yet to visit another facility with a better design, access, and ease of use.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:57 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Sea-Tac isn't on there? It's been the fastest-growing major airport in the US percentagewise over the past few years.

It's not phenomenal but it's relatively close-in, the site is so small you can easily walk to the offsite hotel row, there's a train to Downtown Seattle every 6/10/15 minutes depending on time of day, and a building binge (more coming) has made it a lot nicer with higher capacity. A new runway means the old weather-related reductions to one stream are over and it's now reliable, which is one reason why we have a lot of new flights. (One of the next projects is a new international arrivals hall, so less waiting!)
It's also enormously inconvenient to get to for anyone living north of the city.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:05 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,219,548 times
Tampa International for its layout, ease-of-use, and reduced amount of walking thanks to the peoplemovers that transport people from the landside terminal to the airside concourses.

Atlanta's airport gets a lot of flack due to its gigantic size and crowds of people. However, for its faults, it does a great job of being a major transfer point thanks to its efficient layout and the train that gets people from one concourse to another. It was one of the first major airports to utilize a midfield terminal design and has done it well since the midfield terminal was completed in 1980. It's main drawback is that the concourses themselves are long and don't have moving sidewalks, meaning a long walk for a lot of passengers who are changing planes there.

DCA/Reagan/National gets points thanks to its compact yet efficient layout, convenient location and a large atrium full of shops and restaurants that provide great views of the airfield, the Potomac River, and Washington, DC. However, now that American merged with USAirways, it functions as a focus city/small hub for the airline, so it's hard to transfer from one concourse to another without having to re-enter security or take a bus. This is supposed to be rectified in the next few years by moving the National Hall/Atrium into the secure zone.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:08 AM

306 posts, read 336,590 times
ATL. A lot of people find it inconvenient, but I think it's nice, and I have a lot of great memories flying in and out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.