Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 06:42 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,380,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I know someone who is a cop in Lincoln Maine, does next to nothing unless a motorist hits a deer or a moose, prior to that he had been a cop in Camden NJ, said if he did not respond to at least one shooting during his shift he wasn't earning his pay.
I was thinking about that. Some places are too busy and some are just completely tedious.
Maybe a medium size city would be nice. When i lived in a L.A a met a newport beach officer... They make pretty good money and according to him there was just enough action to satisfy his adrenaline needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,100 times
Wow!!!! No wonder why this country is still racist. Of course they are the only ones committing crimes right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Boise, Salt Lake City, Eugene, Spokane, or Des Moines.

I don't care what anyone says, I wouldn't be a cop in a city with a high black population. Not worth it.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 PM

345 posts, read 530,629 times
Quote:

I don't care what anyone says, I wouldn't be a cop in a city with a high black population. Not worth it.
wow...I respect your opinion tho.

But I agree with Austin. Nashville too. Hear alot of people say it's one of the coolest, most tame police forces in the country. Pay is good too. Another is Miami.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:18 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Where I grew up Indian Hill OH, only thing you have to do is break up super rich kid's parties. They are called the party police in that town.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:04 AM

345 posts, read 530,629 times
^lol quit trolling

Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Spokane is a complete madhouse on Friday/Saturday nights, and the police keep themselves busy with tweakers the rest of the week.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:40 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Alright, i am not going to lie i have thought about becoming a cop in the past( now i am old and over it). Which city do you think it would offer the best "package" for an officer. That being:
Cheap cost of living
Higher Salary
Not too violent but not to dull
Respect( with so many controversies it would be good to be a cop where they wouldn't crucify you)
The cost of living thing may be an issue, but I would suggest a New England suburb outside of a major city...

Think Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien in CT... Brookline, Newton in MA.... VERY high pay, great benefits, population that is thankful for the police. In the CT towns, you get marine patrol since they are on the water. Only issue is cost of living, because $500k only gets you a small condo...

Old 09-07-2016, 08:54 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Definitely not Jackson, MS or Augusta, GA. Pay is abysmal. Probably Des Moines, Fort Collins or Lincoln, Nebraska.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:22 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,563,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydunn View Post
Wow!!!! No wonder why this country is still racist. Of course they are the only ones committing crimes right?
The poster has a point and I'm black.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:34 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonWhite View Post
Try Ferguson, MO first, then maybe Memphis, TN, Birmingham, AL, Detroit, MI. These are pretty good possibilities.
Ferguson is in the process of rebuilding its force from the inside out and is not too violent. The pay isn't good at all. Cost of living is reasonable. Primarily working to middle class diverse community. Okay schools depending upon where in Ferguson.

Stay the hell away from the others mentioned. Too violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.