Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:21 PM

141 posts, read 133,682 times

Advertisements

!. Columbus
2.Austin
3. Portland
4.Little Rock
5.Sacramento
6.Omaha
7.Tulsa
8.Baltimore
9.Cleveland
10. Rochester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 06:43 PM

All these cities are uber cool and ALL these cities are UNKNOWN outside the US borders .

Baltimore is possibly the closest to not being on this list .. but if I was in Bucharest or Lima and mentioned Baltimore I'm not sure I'd get much comeback gotta say lol

Old 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times
You might want to see if you can change the title of this thread. It reads like these cities are in the worldwide top 10.

I'll guess Austin is known outside the US. When Omaha was home to the US's richest man you could say it was influential, though not well known.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:41 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
First tier: Austin, New Orleans, Charleston, Boulder, Santa Fe.

Second tier: Bozeman, Savannah, Eugene, Provincetown, Santa Barbara

Old 01-10-2017, 03:08 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
[quote=dcfc1;46771585]

This is my version of your listing...
1. (((Columbus..))).has an NHL brand giving it a International presences/ Cincinatti has a larger brand because of it's MLB....team.
2.(( (Austin ))) has a world wide appeal because it is ranked as America number one upcoming city./San Antonio should also be mentioned in the same breathe as Austin TX.
3.((( Portland..))).is known as the city that Austin TX patterns itself after...no more need to be said/ Spokane Washington should be added as an up and comer in the same general area.
4.(((Little Rock)))....A state capital like Sacramento , that set in a beautiful location , that need some venture money to be sunked into some new community projects./Louisville KY would also go along with Little Rock AR.
5.(((Sacramento))) Is the Capital of the USA greatest (National State) half way between Lake Tahoe/Reno and the greater San Francisco Bay Area one of the Worlds top world class city.
6.((Omaha))) When you mentioned Omaha the first thing that came into my mind was ...Over Achiever , along with tbese two campanion cities Kansas City MO..and of course the great city of St. Louis MO...
7.(((Tulsa)))...OK is in the same group as Omaha and Little Rock as being Over Achievers that just happen to be SMALL Big Cities , Tulsa has a Nack of getting World Class Attractions like the BOK CENTER and tbe World Class CAIN'S BALLROOM.../Also add Oklahoma City/Wichita Kansas....
8.(((Baltimore)))...Baltimore is over powered by WASHINGTON DC like Oakland is over powered by San Francisco CA...
9.(((Cleveland)))...And Pittsburgh PA have totally Reinvented themselves...
10.((( Rochester[)))...Unknown to most Rochester has taken the title of NEW YORK STATE SECOND CITY FROM BUFFULO NY/QUOTE]

Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
of the cities/towns that i've visited that are cool and off the international radar:
Savannah, GA
Charleston, SC
Charleston, WV
Pittsburgh (is it really off the radar though?)
Columbus, OH
Charlottesville, VA
Baltimore
Knoxville, TN
Chattanooga, Tn

Old 01-11-2017, 07:36 PM

[quote=Howest2008;46782575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post

This is my version of your listing...
1. (((Columbus..))).has an NHL brand giving it a International presences/ Cincinatti has a larger brand because of it's MLB....team.
2.(( (Austin ))) has a world wide appeal because it is ranked as America number one upcoming city./San Antonio should also be mentioned in the same breathe as Austin TX.
3.((( Portland..))).is known as the city that Austin TX patterns itself after...no more need to be said/ Spokane Washington should be added as an up and comer in the same general area.
4.(((Little Rock)))....A state capital like Sacramento , that set in a beautiful location , that need some venture money to be sunked into some new community projects./Louisville KY would also go along with Little Rock AR.
5.(((Sacramento))) Is the Capital of the USA greatest (National State) half way between Lake Tahoe/Reno and the greater San Francisco Bay Area one of the Worlds top world class city.
6.((Omaha))) When you mentioned Omaha the first thing that came into my mind was ...Over Achiever , along with tbese two campanion cities Kansas City MO..and of course the great city of St. Louis MO...
7.(((Tulsa)))...OK is in the same group as Omaha and Little Rock as being Over Achievers that just happen to be SMALL Big Cities , Tulsa has a Nack of getting World Class Attractions like the BOK CENTER and tbe World Class CAIN'S BALLROOM.../Also add Oklahoma City/Wichita Kansas....
8.(((Baltimore)))...Baltimore is over powered by WASHINGTON DC like Oakland is over powered by San Francisco CA...
9.(((Cleveland)))...And Pittsburgh PA have totally Reinvented themselves...
10.((( Rochester[)))...Unknown to most Rochester has taken the title of NEW YORK STATE SECOND CITY FROM BUFFULO NY/QUOTE]
You've missed my point .. tho I do appreciate your response.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
First tier: Austin, New Orleans, Charleston, Boulder, Santa Fe.

Second tier: Bozeman, Savannah, Eugene, Provincetown, Santa Barbara
New Orleans is more known outside the United States than any American city other than NYC/LA/SF and Chicago ..

You're missing my point also .

Old 01-11-2017, 08:43 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
[quote=dcfc1;46797398]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

You've missed my point .. tho I do appreciate your response.
I think I understand what you were trying to get at , but you have to have something to put you in the minds and eyes of the International Community.

Architectural wonders number one.

Number 2. Scenic beautiful areas topography.

Number 3 Scenic Rivers lakes or being by the ocean.

Number 4 being a center of culture arts and entertainment.

And last but not the least important number 5 having a strong robust business community and lots of new Venture Capital going into your city.

The five above-mentioned attibutes can make any (small big city) known in the world class communities of London , Paris , Tokyo , NYC , LA , Chicago , SF Bay Area and Hong Kong.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,168,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
New Orleans is more known outside the United States than any American city other than NYC/LA/SF and Chicago ..

You're missing my point also .
I don't think anyone really understands your point in the first place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.