Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM

140 posts, read 562,748 times

Advertisements

But saying that the states as a whole are unworthy for living...

I was not trying to start anything, I was expressing my opinion. I am a generally diplomatic person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,425,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperMan View Post
Help me to exclude 5 states that aren't worth living in compared to others and why you think so?

Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Wisconsin
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin
North Carolina
Michigan
Minnesota

Old 03-22-2008, 05:41 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,671,343 times
Illinois I live here. Chicago with its lake front is a beautiful city. Metro area has anything you want. The rest of the state is like a backyard and the gov't treats it that way. For that reason I'm getting out. Cost of living is burdensome for someone on a fixed income. More potholes per mile than any other road system in the country. Politicians so crooked they have to screw them into the ground when they die. Stay Away.

Minnesota and Wisconsin the frozen tundra Oct to April YUK

Old 03-22-2008, 03:35 PM

140 posts, read 562,748 times
Minnesota and Wisconsin consistently rank among the most educated states in the nation, and states with the best health-care in the nation. For Wisconsinites and Minnesotans, the weather is just a minor inconvenience, some even like it.

And, I would say Late November-Early/Mid March... October is very pleasant temperatures 45-65 and April is very warm usually, with temperatures topping 75 degrees by the end of the month.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,726 times
I would say just stay out of Minnesota. As much as I like it here, I don't think OP would.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 AM

108 posts, read 502,564 times
Wow, that is tough. There are some really great areas in a lot of these states. For example, Grand Rapids is a really nice city but I would never recommend living in the Detroit area (did for many many years). Milwaukee is a great city, Cinncinati (the parts I've seen I liked driving through, Chicago is great downtown but I don't like the suburbs. I've never been to Maryland or Minnesota, so I deduct the following:

Illinois
Indiana
New York
Ohio
Michigan

Old 03-27-2008, 08:21 PM

98 posts, read 314,459 times
Quote:
Help me to exclude 5 states that aren't worth living in compared to others and why you think so?

Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Wisconsin
Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, Indiana

Old 03-29-2008, 04:45 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,024 times
i had to click on this post simply because the heading made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE...LOL

Old 03-29-2008, 05:17 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i had to click on this post simply because the heading made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE...LOL
Still really doesn't either does it.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:

Illinois
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Wisconsin
I can only help you exclude two from this list.

Maryland- high cost of living, a sanctuary state for illegals, high crime (not just in Baltimore), high taxes, a horrible govenor
Michigan- going through too much chaos with the economy and Detroit (need i say more)

Two NOT to exclude:

Virginia- Except for the Northern Part around DC offers something for everybody
North Carolina- would not be growing at the rate it is if there wasn't anything good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.