Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 06:46 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,342,557 times

Advertisements

Columbus, OH: Short North, German Village, Dwtn Bexley
Cleveland: Ohio City, Coventry Lane/Little Italy, Gorman Square
Minneapolis: Lyn-Lake, Uptown, North Loop, Linden Hills, St. Anthony Main/East Hennepin
St. Paul: Lowertown, Grand Avenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 08:27 PM

154 posts, read 160,812 times
My favorites:
Northeast exclusively because outside the NE, i only know about 1-2 in each major city.
1. North End, Boston, MA The BEST Italian Italian neighborhood left in America... great food, great culture, great people, very convenient.
2. Hoboken, NJ This is a given. Great nightlife, the PATH to NYC, close to other places nearby.
3. Back Bay, Boston, MA Extremely Wealthy + Shopping + Urban Vibe + Brownstones
4. Arlington, VA DCA Airport + the T + Crystal City + Pentagon City + Clarendon + 2 miles to DC = Living easy
5. Georgetown, DC ... its AMAZING. Everything about Georgetown.
6. Cambridge, MA Harvard, MIT, Red Line, the Diversity of restaurants and the Nightlife.
7. Weehawken, NJ Sorry, I just really enjoy the quality of Weehawken and how accessable it is to local areas.
8. The South End, Boston, MA Give it like 10 years and this place will be the spot in all of metro Boston.
9. Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY It is really really really really gentrified and its definetly my top NYC one.
10. Brookline, MA This is the most beautiful town I have even seen in my life. Rich in culture, architecture with lots of transit options... only a few miles to downtown. It loses points since it dies quick.
11. Federal Hill, Providence I love this little district.
12. Greenwich Village, Manhattan, NY It is really distinct and unique.
13. Jersey City, NJ It is upcoming, sleek, and modern. It also is very fun.

Honorable Mentions to Somerville MA, Upper East Side Manhattan, Fort Lee NJ, Dupont Circle DC and the Lower East Side Manhattan

Old 11-25-2018, 10:25 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Uptown, Kingston, or the Stockade District, is pretty remarkable.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:44 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Uptown, Kingston, or the Stockade District, is pretty remarkable.
Is this in Kingston New York?

Old 11-25-2018, 11:36 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Is this in Kingston New York?
O HELL YEA IT IS, Yea BOOIIIIII!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.