Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,250,220 times

Advertisements

Judging from all one word city votes in threads you post? Won't be any city in the North. Every vote of yours goes to the Southern, West coast and Southeast city. You voted Atlanta over Toronto .... yet in threads you claim to not care for Atlanta. At least to live. Clearly, Texas cities always win so ... you basically have.

- another Texas city you currently are not in or stay put
- a southwest city or area you claim is your favorite region, though you dislike sunshine and burn easy and apparently not a beach person
- the South in general and city, though Texas would still be closest to your favorite region
- outlier for a new area different would be a West coast city or area
- no Northern city will work by post you made in threads, votes and comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 07:48 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,401,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Judging from all one word city votes in threads you post? Won't be any city in the North. Every vote of yours goes to the Southern, West coast and Southeast city. You voted Atlanta over Toronto .... yet in threads you claim to not care for Atlanta. At least to live. Clearly, Texas cities always win so ... you basically have.

- another Texas city you currently are not in or stay put
- a southwest city or area you claim is your favorite region, though you dislike sunshine and burn easy and apparently not a beach person
- the South in general and city, though Texas would still be closest to your favorite region
- outlier for a new area different would be a West coast city or area
- no Northern city will work by post you made in threads, votes and comments.
Thanks DavePa for input....I appreciate it.I voted Atlanta over Toronto cuz Toronto is in Canada but hey thats just my preference.I would possibly not mind a suburb or rural area or exurb in the Atlanta area. I thought that we go by city proper in the city threads and Atlanta proper just does not appeal to me. My favorite thing about Atlanta would be all the Waffle Houses.I do wanna go to Atlanta at some point.

I have only been to the Deep South once.There are quite a few places in Texas i like. Staying in Midland would be or could be an option since i would be able to have a bunch of vacation property and also the ability to charter flights.Oklahoma appeals to me especially Oklahoma City and Tulsa.I do not go in the sun because i am whiter than most of the women who play vampires in movies and tv and I dont believe in tanning since tanning is really a form of sunburn technically.Also, dermatologists have recently discovered that American sunscreen is generally not clinically effective medically speaking.I get sunburned even when i am in the sun for less than one hour.

Arkansas and TN appeal to me.Maybe Florida also.I actually love the beach but i pretty much never get to go because the only time i go to the coast is to fish.I have been reading books that make me feel better about living out of state in places with state taxes because apparently the tax laws are written in favor of business people.I do love California.Its one of my favorite states but im a prepper so that prolly rules Cali out due to the gun laws.Maybe i could have vacation property in Orange County or Malibu or San Diego.Thanks for your advice.The North is too cold for me but i guess i could be a snowbird if i had to or wanted to.My dad says Kansas City is neat althogh i never have been.I like New York City for business concerns like finance not living there full time.Thanks again man.

Last edited by C24L; 07-01-2018 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.