Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times

Advertisements

The DC area just feels very northern. Everything reminds me of a northern city. I do think, however that much of western/ midish western, and eastern MD has a mix of both cultures. My grandparents used to always make sweet tea but thought of themselves as northerners for example of cultural mix (uh...well sorta). They lived here in MD. Maryland is a mish-mash of the north and the south and i love that actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
While this is true for the majority... trust me, there are still a few pockets of "good ol' boys" in Maryland that think the Civil War's still going on.

Those good ol boys also have homes in the northern states as well. Pennsylvania and New York have their share. Also, the Mason-Dixon line extended south officially recognizing the border between Delaware and Maryland.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:59 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Flase, it USED to determine the cultural boundry of the north and south
But Its 2008! And the new culture border is underneith the DC metro in VA
You mean like Fredericksburg? Because Alexandria, Arlington, and the rest of NOVA are more like DC and Maryland now.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,724,376 times
boundary for me is the Fairfax/Prince William County line, 30 miles from DC, and not coincidentally the site of two civil war battles

PW County is metro DC, but you see a lot more stars and bars there, and their harsh attitude towards immigrants would never pass in more liberal Fairfax and Arlington, also the cops there all have southern accents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.