Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 08:51 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

You sound like an ok. guy.

Brooklyn N.Y.
Not kidding. Don't let the hustle and bustle bother you. It's just a distraction.
Focus on the mindset. The peoples and social skill set you acquired. Sound like you could
fit right into the Wiliamsburg but it'll set you back about 3 to 4G's a month for rent.

Little hipster towns can be found right smack in the biggest of cities all over the U.S.A.
The are quite a bit more relaxed than most folks but intellectually stimulating and very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 03:19 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
SoCal lol it's insane how many people I meet randomly days even living in LA everyone is so friendly and so willing to talk to you even if you just met them.

It does kind of suck if you are in a rush, but having great conversations with strangers from all over.

i'm like you as well, and I love just talking to random people.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:05 AM

9 posts, read 14,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan View Post
Nowhere fully fits all criteria listed here. Most people who are friendly tend to live in "aggressive" areas by and large IMO. But I think largish metros in the Upper South, plus some others elsewhere would fit well. In general, avoid the mid-Atlantic and West Coast. You won't have skiing in most of these locations, but you can likely find most other things on your list. Top in my book (vaguely in order from best to not quite as good) include:

Omaha
Asheville
Denver
Nashville
Dallas
Atlanta
Charlotte

I'm happy to discuss the merits of each place (have been to all of them except Omaha) if you so choose.
I'd be grateful to hear your opinion on the different cities and regions.. I'm still in CT and itching to leave.

Thank you...

Old 04-07-2020, 06:51 AM

483 posts, read 354,201 times
In general, to use the terminology from 11 nations, I think extended Yankeedom is probably your best bet. Your bent towards personal responsibility and self-improvement are central tenants of the Yankee creed. You might take them for granted since they are so central to New England beliefs but I don't think they are not as universal as one might think. For your demeanor I can't picture you in the Deep South due to the faith based anti intellectualism that prevails. I imagine college towns are your best bet since for many the point of going to college is self improvement. I haven't spent any time in the Appalachian South and can't speak to that region. The skiing requirement makes it a bit trickier but I can think of the following that I can personally vouch for.

Portland OR, Bellingham, Spokane, Wenatchee, Boise, Bend, Eugene, Salem OR, Corvallis, Forest Grove, McMinnville OR, Medford OR, Klamath Falls, Davis, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, SLO, Claremont, Redlands, Flagstaff, Grand Junction, Bozeman, Missoula, Minneapolis/St. Paul, LaCrosse, Dubuque, Madison, Grand Rapids, Bloomington IN, Columbus IN, Burlington VT, Portland ME, Lancaster PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.