Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 05:17 PM

233 posts, read 344,379 times

Advertisements

What is the best state for men? Some possible metrics include:

Life expectancy
Child support and visitation laws
Divorce laws
Criminal justice system
Male-oriented entertainment options
Quality of life

Let's keep the discussion civil. Thanks, all!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 06:28 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,763,919 times
The states with the highest life expectancy for men are Minnesota, Connecticut and California:
USA Life Expectancy Male

For the best and worst places for a man to get a divorce check this out:
https://guyvorce.com/greatest-nastiest-states-alimony/

To avoid a community property state look here:
List of Community Property States

The worst criminal justice systems are generally in the Deep South. Mississippi leads the list, followed by West Virginia, Alabama, and Louisiana:
Best to worst legal systems in America - Just The Facts - The Public Policy Institute

The best QOL for men just can't be answered because what makes one guy happy won't be the same for everybody.

But you can find a strip club damn near everywhere. Especially in West Virginia and Florida:
https://www.thrillist.com/sex-dating...vada-louisiana

As far as child support laws go, the 'best' states for guys IMHO are the ones where they have to pay up!
A real man supports his kids even if he hates their mother. End of story. However, there are states with more than their share of deadbeat Dads, with Missouri, Louisiana, and Florida leading the list:
https://www.estately.com/blog/2015/0...ds-hiding-out/

Old 07-23-2018, 07:08 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,763,919 times
And just for kicks, the states where men earn the most (median annual wages) are DC, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey:
Equal Pay Day: Here Is the Gender Pay Gap in Every State | Money

Old 07-24-2018, 08:45 AM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,318 times
Here's some good states to live if you're a man.

- New Hampshire
- Maine
- Iowa
- North Dakota
- Idaho
- Utah
- Vermont
- Hawaii
- Minnesota
- Massachusetts

Old 07-24-2018, 08:48 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Drunken

Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post
What is the best state for men? Some possible metrics include:

Life expectancy
Child support and visitation laws
Divorce laws
Criminal justice system
Male-oriented entertainment options
Quality of life

Let's keep the discussion civil. Thanks, all!

I am being civil but sadly to the point:

Life expectancy - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.
Child support and visitation laws - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.
Divorce laws - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.
Criminal justice system - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.
Male-oriented entertainment options - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.
Quality of life - Don't get married, cohabit or have children.

No, I'm not trying to be funny or even trolling. All of these with the same response will drastically improve your chances of a fulfilling life for YOU. I wish it were different as the game is rigged far as the 2nd through 4th line item in your post. I've in my 56.5 years on this rock have taken my own advice. Just look around you and figure out why my response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.