Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:39 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd206 View Post
Really considering this too, but what holds me back (rooming w/ someone) is not knowing if my roommate(s) will be sociable/outgoing. I would love to live in NYC as I enjoyed it when I visited a few months ago, but I would hate to not have one person in the apartment I live with not relate with me just a little.. -- Then again, going home and no one saying anything when they see you could be a good thing to I guess too for some people haha.
Or looking at the glass half full you could get a great roommate and have a active social life immediately. Some of my best friends to this day were roommates with my friends. I can’t think of an easier way to make friends in a new city. Especially now where every city/neighborhood seems to have a Facebook social group where people are always looking for roommates. Pretty easy to look at the poster’s photos/posts to see what they’re like vs classified ads back in the day. But you are right you could get a dud. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 07:52 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd206 View Post
--Hmm, How are the young people in Staten island? Some diverse bars, chill nightlife? And walk ability since its New York, im assuming in general is good around this borough to right?

How about parks, any really nice ones?

Rent does seem to be noticeably cheaper just would like some more info on how it is for someone who likes to go out here and there and likes to stay active.

Thanks.
YOUR BEST bet would be to live near the train station that will take you to the free Ferry to Wall Street. If I am not mistaken, the train from Staten Island is free also. S.I. has lots of young people, and many clubs to go to.

Lots of Parks, the further South you go, the more you will find. Good-luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.