Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,219 times

Advertisements

Very good; will look into that. (I personally love NYC although I would never live there with my son; so having access to it would be an unexpected bonus). Sounds a lot like our area around Geneva but in the US. Thank you all for the recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,328 times
Have you found the perfect city yet? We're looking for what you described!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Annapolis is definitely a top candidate.

I would also recommends looking at NYs Hudson River Valley. Especially towns like Redhook and Rhinebeck.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
You should look into Rehoboth Beach or Lewes Delaware, both small towns, very close to the ocean and great people!

Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,968 times
Hi. I am looking for the same kind of small town....but my idea of small is smaller than yours...I have lived in Harrisburg, PA for 25 years, in the city. Our kids attended and did extremely well in the parochial school system: both excelled and our daughter was well prepared for the challenging curriculum of Univ of Scranton in NE PA. We expect the same for our newly graduated son.

We are looking for a town, not city, in proximity of the beach; perhaps within 45 minutes to one hour; hopefully less, that is self contained. Have raised the kids and want less traffic, etc. Any thoughts? College towns preferable, but am open.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaneatelesmom View Post
Skaneateles, NY in the Fingerlakes region. Gorgeous small town with award winning schools. Kids would say everyone knows everyone and that is somewhat true. Life centers around the lake, one of the cleanest in the nation.
Life is good here. Don't tell too many people about it.
Joanne
Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - HOME
My sister-in-law is originally from Skaneateles....she and my brother were married at the Sherwood in in 1975....lovely town!!! Not in the right direction, though.
but you enjoy~~

Old 06-27-2011, 02:52 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammk View Post
Hi. I am looking for the same kind of small town....but my idea of small is smaller than yours...I have lived in Harrisburg, PA for 25 years, in the city. Our kids attended and did extremely well in the parochial school system: both excelled and our daughter was well prepared for the challenging curriculum of Univ of Scranton in NE PA. We expect the same for our newly graduated son.

We are looking for a town, not city, in proximity of the beach; perhaps within 45 minutes to one hour; hopefully less, that is self contained. Have raised the kids and want less traffic, etc. Any thoughts? College towns preferable, but am open.
Newark DE, Virginia Beach, Greenville NC, Wilmington NC, Conway SC, Jacksonville FL and Statesboro GA.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,858 times
We are on the same boat, with three girls of 6, 10 and 11. They are homeschooled at the present. All 3 play tennis daily and one of them is also a competitive ice skater the other one is an equestrian rider who competes in jump shows. They form part of a musical theater program. I like smaller towns since I like to avoid traffic.
I need true help. We live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and we need to move on to the East Coast from NC towards the North. We need to move at least 30 min away from an international airport so this narrows the search. If you have suggestions please share them. Thank you so much

Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Souther tier of New York. Hudson Valley is awesome, Long Island (especially the North shore) has a great boating culture.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswightman View Post
We are on the same boat, with three girls of 6, 10 and 11. They are homeschooled at the present. All 3 play tennis daily and one of them is also a competitive ice skater the other one is an equestrian rider who competes in jump shows. They form part of a musical theater program. I like smaller towns since I like to avoid traffic.
I need true help. We live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and we need to move on to the East Coast from NC towards the North. We need to move at least 30 min away from an international airport so this narrows the search. If you have suggestions please share them. Thank you so much
Skaneateles or Cazenovia NY would be perfect. Actually, Cazenovia is the hometown of Beezie Madden, who was an Olympic Equestrian: Beezie Madden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both are gorgeous communities on lakes and are minutes from Syracuse and Hancock International Airport. Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - Welcome to Skaneateles

GCACC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.