Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:03 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless in Florida View Post
I guess you didn't read my post just above yours. Here's the part where I addressed what you mention:

So while we don't expect customers to "do someone's job" and bring carts back into the store, when said customers are kind enough to leave them in the designated cart corrals, it allows us to do that part of our job more efficiently so we can focus more time on helping customers. It also shows consideration for other patrons who may actually need to use the empty handicapped spaces and / or who would not like a metal cart rolling into their cars when the wind blows. The "That's what you get paid for" comment perfectly demonstrates the lack of common courtesy toward others that I've been referring to.
I think it's common courtesy. Ever drive up to a spot and a cart is blocking it? I'll bet you wished someone had put the cart back then? From what I've seen, the less educated the area, the more likely you are to encounter carts in parking lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 11:14 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Pretty much my answer though I didn't have the "pleasure" to live in South Florida. I spent time there for one company I worked for and yikes, easily the rudest place that I have ever had the misfortune to find myself in. Miami was particularly bad and there was a lot of classism there that I noticed right away (kind of hard not to).

One miserable city IMO. Expensive, most of the jobs pay low wages, the weather is horrible year round, and people are rude as often as not. You couldn't pay me enough to live there. I feel truly sorry for anyone who has to live there. One of my work colleagues moved there for the 'lifestyle' and weather and she was sorry after about a month.

I agree that the Midwest/Upper Midwest has very friendly people and Texas does pretty well in that department too.
I agree, people are super rich there but IDK if classism is a factor. The poors are pretty rude as well.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:35 PM

915 posts, read 1,504,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I think it's common courtesy. Ever drive up to a spot and a cart is blocking it? I'll bet you wished someone had put the cart back then? From what I've seen, the less educated the area, the more likely you are to encounter carts in parking lots.
I don't know about that. I've noticed this behavior in both poor and rich neighborhood grocery stores. A lot of rich people think that they can park their cart wherever they want. See it all the time where I live and I don't live a poor area.

A lot of people around here try to put it super close to the lines of the parking spot like they aren't doing something wrong b/c it isn't in the middle of the whole parking spot. It's just in the way if someone tries to pull into the spot or blocks the front of the space horizontally. So not classy.

I know I'm guilty of putting my cart on one of the islands in the parking lot of one of our local grocery stores. At peak times, that parking lot is always super packed and people will park on the other side of the shopping plaza to get to the grocery store because it's less crowded and frustrating to try and park. There simply is no cart corral in that area. So, carts are everywhere!

I try to be decent and walk my cart back up to the store, but more often than not, I'll put it up on the sidewalk or the grass - at least out of the parking lot so people can park. Still others' aren't as kind. It is what it is.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:34 PM

994 posts, read 967,458 times
I have never experienced any *******s specific to Florida. I'm easy to get along with , mind my business, and hold doors open for people though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.