Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 06:42 PM

66 posts, read 101,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
My daughter had her palm read on vacation some years ago and the guy told her that I would move to NM. I don't know how that worked on her palm but, voila!, I'm in New Mexico.
This is very interesting. I have not had my palm read before. How do you like New Mexico? Years ago, I was drawn to Santa Fe, not to live but to visit. Still haven't visited yet though SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 07:44 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyNMint View Post
This was a "serious" topic for me and it was also a "fun" topic. If it's in the wrong forum then a moderator can move it as they have the authority. I have a list of the best cities for family/friends, career/vocation and other categories so you best believe that I will take a closer look at these cities seeing as how I have been pretty much "stagnant" especially in terms of career in the place I currently reside. Since this is a general forum, I don't see what the problem is by asking if others used the same service.
Its fine to post here.
I'm interested in what mine says but I don't want to pay for it

Old 09-18-2021, 07:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyNMint View Post
This is very interesting. I have not had my palm read before. How do you like New Mexico? Years ago, I was drawn to Santa Fe, not to live but to visit. Still haven't visited yet though SMH.
I love New Mexico. Perfect four season climate.
I have no idea how he could predict anything about me, 500 miles away.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:39 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,106,410 times
HoneyNMint: Curious, what towns/cities did it say you should move to? Sounds like a fun way to plan a vacation, and maybe you will find your future dream home. Good luck!

Old 09-27-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejisme View Post
HoneyNMint: Curious, what towns/cities did it say you should move to? Sounds like a fun way to plan a vacation, and maybe you will find your future dream home. Good luck!
So you get a list of 100 cities and towns for each category with a score. A score above 800 is considered "very strong" and a score above 500 is also considered strong. In the career/vocation, my number one city is Yerington, Nevada. Never heard of it before but it's number 1 with a score of a 1000. However, Los Angeles, California is number 22 on this same list but also with a score of 1000. This resonated with me because I always felt that my career would have popped off if I had moved out there after graduating from university. There was something specific that I wanted to do at the time and L. A. was the best place for it (no it wasn't acting lol). I never relocated though but I still have dreams of doing so. There were other California cities like Simi Valley, Irvine, and Oceanside in this category. It wasn't all west coast though as Portland, Maine was also ranked very high at number 13 with a score of 1000. Cities in California are also the best places for "Culture/Creativity" on my list. The creativity part makes sense. On the flip side, I was surprised that cities/towns in Texas and Florida showed up being the best places for love/romance (Texas) and friendship/family (Florida). I never seriously considered any of those states for relocation. I was skeptical of some of the cities in the "Imagination/Inspiration" category because those cities are in the state I reside but with the exception of one, I never lived in those cities. I attended university for two years in one before leaving and finishing my degree elsewhere and I hated it but truth be told, it was the university and the campus I hated not necessarily the town itself lol.

Thanks for wishing me luck.

Last edited by HoneyNMint; 09-27-2021 at 07:28 PM..

Old 09-27-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Its fine to post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm interested in what mine says but I don't want to pay for it
Ah I see. I just checked my email receipt to see exactly what I paid and it was a little less than eight bucks. I knew it was very inexpensive but I wasn't sure exactly how much I paid. I definitely saw others offering this for much more though. I believe it's worth it because trying to figure out what line crosses through what city and have it be exact on the "free" websites was very confusing and not to mention time consuming. With those sites, you also had to be well versed into astrology too in order to know what this line means in relation to your chart.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:39 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,891,659 times
Listen to this #Randonautica
[URL="https://sqpn.com/2020/12/randonautica-and-randonauting-paranormal-journeys-with-your-phone/"]https://sqpn.com/2020/12/randonautica-and-randonauting-paranormal-journeys-with-your-phone/[/URL]

I really hate your font #headache

Old 09-29-2021, 05:22 AM

914 posts, read 561,339 times
Yes, that boldface font and size is hostile to reading on this site.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Larsen View Post
Yes, that boldface font and size is hostile to reading on this site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Listen to this #Randonautica
https://sqpn.com/2020/12/randonautic...th-your-phone/

I really hate your font #headache

If it bothers you that much just ignore my posts; I rarely post on here. This was the font, color and bold that I used when I joined the site years ago so I decided to stick with it. For now anyway. Thanks for the podcast link though; sounds interesting and maybe a bit horrifying as I listened to the first few minutes.

Last edited by HoneyNMint; 10-16-2021 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-17-2021, 11:34 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,879,814 times
I learn something new every day, and today is "astrocartography". As many times as I've moved and considering some of the flimsy rationale I've drummed up over the years, I suppose this wouldn't be any worse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.