Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 09:05 PM

17 posts, read 9,901 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys!
I'm a 31 year old female seriously lost as to where to go next. I was born and raised on Long Island NY. I love New York... always have and always will. I moved away at 22 because of some unfortunate family issues. I first moved down to Charleston SC. I later lived in Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas, Austin and Houston. I spent at least a minimum of a year in each. I am currently in Dallas. I'm searching for something and maybe I just don't know what yet. I am very fortunate to have a very generous trust at the moment.
I would move back to NY but honestly I love living a more lavish lifestyle. I like having newer homes and cars. I also am rather high maintenance physically. Those price tags add up fast so I'm not sure I love NY but not enough to sacrifice those things. I much prefer Texas over the small feel of the Carolinas! It's just not trendy enough over there for me. I am considering Houston permanently because I really enjoyed the people personally. Dallas is more glitz and glam which I love but the scenery is so ugly and the people are just not as open in my experience.
Now here's some of the criteria... which is rather unsual lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 09:08 PM

I have a boyfriend who lives an open lifestyle with me. We enjoy having fun with another girl and are even open to couples. We are only young and Beautiful for a short time so we wanna live it up! He's 7 years younger then me as well. I want to make sure we can hopefully meet other like minded couples.

I really love natural beauty. I love hiking and being outside. It was the only thing that kept me in the Carolinas! Texas heat SUCKS and I prefer cold all day. It's not a must but I really love seasons in general.

I would love low property taxes. Texas property tax is insane and I am missing out on the no income tax benefits here. It's another huge reasons I haven't purchased a home here.

Would love a very chatty city with a solid nightlife scene. I NEED ethnic diversity. I thought about Denver but it seems to lack in this department. Maybe I'm wrong.

I would also love a place with a diverse economy so I can build for my future. I don't have any education at the moment. I plan on going back to school once I'm settled down. I do professional dog handling, grooming and boarding at the moment. Again I am trying to stretch my trust fund as well.

I have been looking into Portland, Sacramento, Seattle, Denver, Washington DC/NOVA... I am seriously open to anywhere that comes close to my criteria.

I'm ready to call somewhere home!

Old 11-27-2021, 11:19 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,606,442 times
I recommend Atlanta.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:25 AM

6,606 posts, read 12,109,336 times
I recommend Houston since it sounds like you're already leaning towards it, and you're already familiar with it.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:58 AM

7,108 posts, read 9,004,846 times
Have you looked into Minneapolis or Chicago?

Old 11-28-2021, 09:21 AM

37,291 posts, read 39,614,796 times
Sounds like Chicago would be a pretty decent choice. Really diverse and cosmopolitan city, but fairly affordable in comparison to NYC. Definitely has seasons. Hiking exists, just not much in terms of mountains, but there is the giant lakefront and a decent amount of land preserved as greenspace within the city and nearby.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:46 AM

I never looked into Minneapolis but I totally considered Chicago. Whenever I bring up Chicago to friends and family...all I hear is "Chiraq? Really?" LOL I kinda feel like that stigma is over exaggerated. The property taxes though are relatively high there from what I see. I always thought of Minneapolis as not very diverse. I love Latin culture... the women usually make for passionate partners

Old 11-28-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I recommend Houston since it sounds like you're already leaning towards it, and you're already familiar with it.
I really am leaning Houston. Only if the weather wasn't so damn gross... probably the number one thing holding me back.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:51 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,436,097 times
Lol I think we're being trolled. Trust fund swingers.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Lol I think we're being trolled. Trust fund swingers.
Definitely not a troll. I'm just new to the forum as an active member.
I also don't consider myself a swinger per say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.