Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 06:11 AM

1,204 posts, read 796,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Seattle and San Francisco are definitely two cities that seem whiter than their respective metro areas.

I was going to say KC is pretty white but the metro area actually has decent amounts of minorities in most areas. KCK has a large Hispanic population and Johnson County has a fairly sizable Asian and Hispanic population. Still it’s fairly white overall.
SF always scream to me as a metro area with large AAPI population more than being white. White is not even a majority (only a plurality at something like 40%) in the whole Bay Area.

The SF proper is not even that white, either, at 42% White and 33% Asian.

The metro areas that scream "white" to me are usually in the Midwest anyway. Even a metro area like Indy (which does have a sizable AfAm population in "inner city") is 70% White. For comparison Seattle metro area is only ~60% White thanks to Asians forming 15% of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 06:20 AM

573 posts, read 260,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Least white would be Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Antonio, and Atlanta.
Ahhhh .... what happened to Chicago, Detroit Motown, Philadelphia, Oakland California, Memphis, St Louis, New Orleans????

Old 07-05-2022, 06:27 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Ahhhh .... what happened to Chicago, Detroit Motown, Philadelphia, Oakland California, Memphis, St Louis, New Orleans????

Philadelphia metro is not in the running for least white.
I don't believe Chicago is either.

It's not hard to look up stats.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:49 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,174,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Perhaps this is why the OP asks "seems" the most white? On City-Data, actual data is boring.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:23 AM

1,168 posts, read 778,148 times
Atlanta and DC feel the least white to me.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:26 AM

16 posts, read 11,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Pittsburgh for the most white

Is there a sizable Asian population in the core city?

Old 07-05-2022, 07:33 AM

1,204 posts, read 796,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post

Except the OP is looking at Metro Area, not within city limit.

Detroit? Outside of Detroit city limit and perhaps Southfield it's very white.

St Louis? Good luck finding a non-White out in St Charles County MO.

Memphis? Go to Germantown TN and tell me how many non-White person are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Atlanta and DC feel the least white to me.
San Antonio and Miami feels more non-white to me thanks to the large Hispanic population in both. White still forms a plurality in both DC Metro area (Lots of them are in NoVA even though the area itself is also somewhat diverse with Asian and Hispanics) and also Atlanta metro area (North of I-20 is basically all White mixed in Asians and Hispanics particularly in Gwinnett County).

Old 07-05-2022, 08:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Seattle and San Francisco are definitely two cities that seem whiter than their respective metro areas.

I was going to say KC is pretty white but the metro area actually has decent amounts of minorities in most areas. KCK has a large Hispanic population and Johnson County has a fairly sizable Asian and Hispanic population. Still it’s fairly white overall.
Seattle has a small percentage of African Americans, and with the gentrification there will be even less. Still, it's not one of the "most white", at 65% white. They are a majority, but Asians are 16.3% and growing, Black or African American: 7.06%.

Back in 2010, Seattle was 69.5% white, 13% Asian, 8% Black.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:20 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,793,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

neither is detroit..64% white

Old 07-05-2022, 09:22 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,793,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaletown View Post
Is there a sizable Asian population in the core city?
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.