Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:24 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Leading Metropolitan areas with the highest percentage of white population in the United States - 2019

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...te-population/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 12:55 PM

1,204 posts, read 795,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Least white i’ve been to in person has to be San Antonio, you really cannot beat that, although the northern burbs that largely dominate are whiter than the metro as a whole, while the Southern half of the city is a lot closer to 90%+ Hispanic.

Out of the major cities, I’ve been to Denver’s airport struck me as being very white, but I’ve only really been to Aurora within Colorado and for a short time, and I’m pretty sure that s the leas rehire part of the MSA, although northern Aurora seemed decently white too. Of metros I’ve spent an extended period of time, probably Austin is the obvious one, especially West of Moscow although it seems to be changing a little around the metro.

Neither Orlando or Tampa felt particularly white but Tampa may be whiter than Austin. I didn’t go to the northern suburbs or the peninsula when I was in that area either.
And even though the northern suburbs is "whiter" it still have a sizable Hispanics presence. An area like Fair Oaks Ranch still has ~17% Hispanics, which is more than many metro areas or even some "inner city" area.

For Austin the area around North Lamar between 183 and Barker Lane is still heavily Hispanic, as is the area around Riverside Dr east of I-35 along with Franklin Park/Dove Springs area in SE Austin. The African-American did more or less got pushed out of East Central Austin (i.e. that area east of I-35 and west of Airport Blvd along MLK Dr or E 12th), though, thanks to gentrification. I still remember E 12th/Chicon intersection being very seedy just 10 years ago, not so much anymore.

Denver is another White-Hispanic bipolar metro area.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:39 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,422,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Seattle and San Francisco are definitely two cities that seem whiter than their respective metro areas.
Seattle is pretty even between the city and the metro area. White and Asian are the largest two groups for both the city and metro area. Good Asian restaurants are everywhere across the city and suburbs, not just in enclaves.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:41 PM

1,168 posts, read 777,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
San Antonio and Miami feels more non-white to me thanks to the large Hispanic population in both. White still forms a plurality in both DC Metro area (Lots of them are in NoVA even though the area itself is also somewhat diverse with Asian and Hispanics) and also Atlanta metro area (North of I-20 is basically all White mixed in Asians and Hispanics particularly in Gwinnett County).
I honestly don't see how. Hispanics can still be racially and culturally "white" and this is exactly the case with so many in Miami-Dade. Every single day you can pass by people that are apparently just white but are actually Hispanic.You wouldn't even know it unless you spoke to them. The vast majority of people in this metro area are apparently of European descent and the culture reflects that.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:29 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Is that true? I ask that thinking of places like Harrisburg, York, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, Bethlehem, Erie, Easton, the Stroudsburgs, Wilkes Barre, Lebanon, Hazelton, Uniontown, Washington and even places like Scranton, Williamsport, Johnstown, State College, Chambersburg, Carlisle, New Castle, Sharon, Farrell, etc. Almost all of these places have good sized black and/or Hispanic populations, with State College having a decent Asian population(likely due to Penn State) and some have suburbs outside of them that are similar(particularly outside of Harrisburg, the Stroudsburgs and a few others). This isn't even considering Philadelphia and its suburbs/satellite cities. Same with Pittsburgh and some of the surrounding places around it like Aliquippa, Beaver Falls, Midland, Ambridge, Wilkinsburg, Monroeville, Rankin, Homestead, McKeesport, Swissvale, the Braddocks, Duquesne, etc.
Yes, it's true - i did the math with Duderino once. Idk if we used 2020 Census Data though, might've been 2019 ACS 1 year.. I invite you to do it again here.

Old 07-05-2022, 03:38 PM

638 posts, read 349,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Seattle and San Francisco are definitely two cities that seem whiter than their respective metro areas.

I was going to say KC is pretty white but the metro area actually has decent amounts of minorities in most areas. KCK has a large Hispanic population and Johnson County has a fairly sizable Asian and Hispanic population. Still it’s fairly white overall.
Cities with large Asian Populations feel whiter vs. cities with large African American populations.

Old 07-05-2022, 04:53 PM

2,228 posts, read 1,401,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Least white i’ve been to in person has to be San Antonio, you really cannot beat that, although the northern burbs that largely dominate are whiter than the metro as a whole, while the Southern half of the city is a lot closer to 90%+ Hispanic.
El Paso and the RGV are even less white. They are <10% white I believe.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:17 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
PA is still a pretty white state through its body. Consider MA *without* Boston is still less non-Hispanic white 69.9% than PA is *with* Philly 73.4%. And Philly is a bigger chunk of PAS population.

And most people consider MA a pretty white state… at least in the common perception:

There really are just that many white people there. I’d say it’s in the similar spot as Ohio, but a little more coastal and thus Hispanic.

It also shares commonality with North Carolina in terms of size and Hispanic growth. Unlike NC it’s not really gaining whites or blacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Nah not really. MA is 67.6% white... Metro Boston is 66.6% white.

Even if you take out the MA portion of Metro Boston it'sstill more diverse than Pennsylvania at 73.1% white vs 73.4%. (1,854,314 non-Hispanic whites out of 2,533,350 residents)

I guess that will remain to be seen in 2030 and 2040. Objectively, PA has not been one of the fastest diversifying states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Is that true? I ask that thinking of places like Harrisburg, York, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, Bethlehem, Erie, Easton, the Stroudsburgs, Wilkes Barre, Lebanon, Hazelton, Uniontown, Washington and even places like Scranton, Williamsport, Johnstown, State College, Chambersburg, Carlisle, New Castle, Sharon, Farrell, etc. Almost all of these places have good sized black and/or Hispanic populations, with State College having a decent Asian population(likely due to Penn State) and some have suburbs outside of them that are similar(particularly outside of Harrisburg, the Stroudsburgs and a few others). This isn't even considering Philadelphia and its suburbs/satellite cities. Same with Pittsburgh and some of the surrounding places around it like Aliquippa, Beaver Falls, Midland, Ambridge, Wilkinsburg, Monroeville, Rankin, Homestead, McKeesport, Swissvale, the Braddocks, Duquesne, etc.
We used 2020 Census Data.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:40 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Leading Metropolitan areas with the highest percentage of white population in the United States - 2019

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...te-population/
At this website, I can buy the information for only $39 per month for a subscription?

Yeah, no. I don't want to know that much. Don't even care to be honest.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:19 PM

817 posts, read 628,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Seattle has a small percentage of African Americans, and with the gentrification there will be even less. Still, it's not one of the "most white", at 65% white. They are a majority, but Asians are 16.3% and growing, Black or African American: 7.06%.

Back in 2010, Seattle was 69.5% white, 13% Asian, 8% Black.
True, Seattle is a White-Asian dominated city and that won't change anytime soon, though the city is seeing a high rate of black growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.