Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 12:28 AM

1,040 posts, read 682,834 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there any of these types of resorts, but open to people buying a place and living there year round:

https://www.coldspringsresort.com/Ca...782815328.html

I've been here once and what I saw were some cabins were for sale, but they also had larger trailers that a couple, or even a family could live in. Unfortunately, they only allow you to live there from about April til about Mid November, if I'm not mistaken.

I realize if such a place exists, the activities may die down in the winter. That's fine. What I want to know are there more places like the above, with a combination of permanent residents and temporary campers/glampers and some "glamp" type amenities like pools, ponds and other rural activities where the owners can stay there through the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 06:58 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,598,707 times
We rented a place near Traverse City, Michigan. Outfitted like a vacation home, but fully winterized, and affordabe Sept-May. I also got a very good daily rate for a Condo near Brainerd MN, north of Duluth, MN in January. Looked like there were year-round occupancies.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:29 PM

1,040 posts, read 682,834 times
I'll take this as a "no"

Old 06-25-2023, 06:39 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,783,634 times
If you buy, have a lawyer check the land lease or title very carefully. Big lawsuit locally between a campground resort and some tenants with owned houses on blocks. New resort owner said move in winter or we take your house by default.

A year round place probably wouldn't say that but know what they could say. An RV or mobile would be easier to move but you might be really annoyed with such a demand with a modular or annoyed anyways in the easier cases.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:49 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,783,634 times
I'd take the limited response in first few days, especially over weekend, as too early to say whether you'll get specific cases mentioned.

The general answer is that there are lots of camping resorts and variety and you'll probably need to do the detailed research for what you want mostly or entirely yourself.

You might want to try the camping and RVing subforum and / or specific states. Not everyone looks at General U.S. and probably not for this kind of topic.

Other RV and camping sites will probably offer leads / advice.

There are tons of such options in western NC and surely plenty elsewhere.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-25-2023 at 06:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.