Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 07:24 PM

7,103 posts, read 4,536,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
Derby, KS (near Wichita)- Very Unhappy

Pros-Not too much traffic.

Cons- a lot of people here, especially Whites that are 50+ years old, are extremely insular, judgmental, conservative, small-minded and racist, very few, if any, job opportunities for professionals, no economic growth, no diversity, high income tax, rent for my 1 bdrm apt is extremely high for the local area, too many cloudy, rainy days, winters are cold and windy.
I lived in Derby from 1993-1997. My allergies were horrible and the weather sucked. The people tend to be very conservative. Back then housing was cheap but I was very happy to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 09:11 PM

406 posts, read 342,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I lived in Derby from 1993-1997. My allergies were horrible and the weather sucked. The people tend to be very conservative. Back then housing was cheap but I was very happy to leave.

It is still very conservative and racist since the majority of the population are the MAGA Christian White Boomers and Gen Xers. The cost of housing is outrageous now. I am currently applying for jobs in other areas so I can relocate soon.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:56 AM

2,933 posts, read 1,312,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
Los Angeles - Loving it!

Pro - Has the entire world in one city. (Or the closest thing on earth to having everything in your town)

Con - Crazy expensive real estate, too many homeless, need more parks, concrete in the LA River, not enough bike lanes (I care about this more than rail transit by a country mile), not safe enough
Would you say LA is in decline or is this exaggerated to some extent?

Old 09-25-2023, 07:27 AM

35,073 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Northeast TN.

Pros: Good weather most of the year - summers not too hot, winters generally not too cold. Great outdoor activities.

Cons: Drug use, crime, crazy politics, too religious, geographic isolation (two hours to any other metro of consequence), lack of middle class and above amenities.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:39 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
Would you say LA is in decline or is this exaggerated to some extent?
If you have money, LA is one of the best places to live.

Old 10-05-2023, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 262 times
Hi,
Well i am living in Colombia and its a very nice place for vacations now a days i am reading blog from this website [url]https://almeraajmarketing.com/blog[/url] and this very useful for investment and traveling.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:46 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
San Antonio

Pros - I am from here, family and friends, I like the culture, safer than most big cities, people are mostly nice, cheaper than most cities

Cons - kind of dry, traffic, pollution, some crime, some rude people, getting more expensive

I interviewed for a new job this week that if I get I will be happy to stay in San Antonio a while longer. But I also wouldn’t mind living elsewhere

Old 10-05-2023, 11:16 AM

16 posts, read 12,858 times
San Jose, CA - very happy - mostly.

PROS Oceans, lakes, rivers and streams with clean water, good quality air and getting even better, beautiful weather year round, diverse population, good food, job opportunities, convenient airport and transportation, sound infrastructure, world class hospitals, libraries and colleges. Lots of places to hike. Redwoods!! Lots of cultural events. Has everything in terms of shopping. Fairly safe for a big city [knock on wood!!]

CONS the cost of housing, severe income inequality has left many people who once were housed finding themselves homeless and desperate but they are working on it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.