Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times

Advertisements

Theres this huge house ive been dreaming over. I never contacted the seller so I am not gonna blame myself. I am assuming either the seller did a few repairs on the house or realized his price was too cheap(frankly at $47.5k he was giving it away, raised it to $52.3k) thats still a good deal but it loses some of the "wow whatta deal" factor. Have any of you fixated on a dream house only to see the seller raise the price and your face looks like this --->
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,416,528 times
That is strange. I have never seen a house listed that increased in price. Usually if they don't sell the Seller decreases the price. If one were going to do any home improvements, you would think they would do it before putting the house on the market.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:47 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
That is strange. I have never seen a house listed that increased in price. Usually if they don't sell the Seller decreases the price. If one were going to do any home improvements, you would think they would do it before putting the house on the market.
I did that and sold mine w/in in a week. Listed our old house at a fair price to sell it. We would make a little off it but not a killing. Just priced it to keep at the lower end of price per sq foot for the area. Got crappy offers, I mean really lowball. No thanks. I don't NEED to sell the house. So we raised the price to well over fair market and got a full price contract that week. LOL!!!

So NAH, if you offered me 50% of my listing price, your realtor may not even get a phone call back from me. But I'm not in Florida or one of the other overly inflated markets either. My mom is a realtor and they would laugh you out the door if you made such an offer. A reputable realtor won't even write a contract offer for such around here.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Even though it was just a dream, it still caused a little pang in your heart, no? My husband and I found our "dream home" this past fall, on a trip out to where we want to relocate to. We knew we weren't moving until summer '07, but we took a fact sheet with a picture of the house and its information anyway. We hung it up so we would see it every day and it would keep us motivated to keep saving money, plus it was nice to dream about it. Every few weeks we would check online to see if it was still for sale. We knew it would sell well before we were ready to move out and buy, and sure enough, it wasn't listed for sale anymore about 6 weeks ago. It was bound to happen...maybe for fun you could call the listing agent and ask why the price went up, maybe the seller did make improvements and now it's even better.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Ah well theres other nice houses in that location and other locations. However the house the seller raised his price on is a huge one with 7 bedrooms, 3 stories, basement, 2 car detached garage! Theres another house I fell in love with, its slighly smaller but the lot is twice as big, has a 4 car detached garage, a guest house/suite/apartment and that house is just amazing on the inside from the pictures I saw! He does want $135k which frankly isnt a bad deal considering how nice that house is! I actually think that house is nicer than my parent's house and its larger because of the basement(we dont have a basement and only 2 stories and no guest house, although we have acreage lot) Theres some houses I drool and dream over. Share your dream houses everyone

Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM

14 posts, read 70,764 times
Need', it sounds like you're "giving up and walking away" from a home due to a $5000 increase in the asking price? Without even phoning the listing agent to find out if the seller put a new roof or furnace or carpet in it? It's difficult to believe your interest was serious.

Actions speak louder than... 1,714 postings.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Where did I say I was giving up? If the price increase was due to improvements then im fine with that. If he raised the price without doing anything, well theres better deals than his, others have reduced their price.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:09 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
eh,I could see where it might be done.If a guy has his house on the market lower then his neighborhood and it doesn't sell while a comparable one down the street just did for more money...might as well bring it up.Outside realtors have told me Im priced too low,said I should raise it up a bit.(so far) I said no,given market conditions and what I need I rather go a little lower to hopefully sell the house,which has not done any good so far.Even being lower then most in my hood a couple people have tried to lowball besides the fact.

I even just spent 10k upgrading the AC while its on the market and Im not raising my price,I consider it a selling feature though I could raise my price.

you snooze you loose,want to gamble to see if prices keep lowering,might regret it.Its suppose to be considered a long term investment if its going to your residence.The person who will wait another year paying 1000k+ a month in rent,it could have gone to the house,a place where your rules matter no one elses....well unless you live where there are association fees,never understood those who like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.