Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:40 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Less than 6% of the us population makes over $150,000 per year. If your friends with the luxury houses and luxury cars are one of these elite 6%, great for them. If not, hope they enjoy eating cat food in retirement...

My father loves to give this stat. He hates to give stats the come from the lower end, which show how lazy and self-absorbed these people are. I'll give you a stat. It has a 100% success rate of getting people off of welfare.

Poor people, pick one!: stop having sex...get a job, or get a job that entails having sex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Oh, please! To the person who gave me the red dot, you truly don't "practice what you preach." By giving me a red dot because you disagreed with my opinion for disagreeing with the opinions of others that they can't "survive" on $150,000, you just exemplified the fact that you don't understand how to utilize the forum's reputation system. I have a pretty good idea of who you are, but I'm not going to "take the low road" and give you your own red dot whammy back as punishment. In my opinion, you are a "whiner" if you're not grateful for what you have been blessed with in life. That's my OPINION, that did NOT warrant a reputation hit. This is exactly why I stopped poring over the NJ forum in the first place; you people just don't seem to comprehend that you can not go around issuing red dots to people you disagree with. It would have been more noble for you, if you disagreed with my opinion, to have posted your own reply explaining to me as to why the word "whiner" is so offensive? Instead, you utilized the childish, NJ state forum method of not addressing the issue that irked you in favor of slamming me with red dots and/or name-calling me to gain leverage. Whose debate team were you on that taught you it was acceptable to use such underhanded tactics in meaningful discussion? Wow!

Old 01-29-2007, 02:20 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
Oh, and please don't forget Florida:

Boca Raton
Weston
Coral Springs
Coral Gables
Fisher Island
South Beach

.... partial list

Old 01-29-2007, 02:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
How does one get/give a 'red dot" where are they?

Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
How does one get/give a 'red dot" where are they?
Check the "about the forum" section of the board. There are several threads about "reputation".

This section really should be a must-read for all new users.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:43 PM

Thanks,sorry I missed it

Old 01-29-2007, 04:48 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
I'm giving you a rep point for asking

You'll notice your # rise by one....

Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM

thank you very much

Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Oh, please! To the person who gave me the red dot, you truly don't "practice what you preach." By giving me a red dot because you disagreed with my opinion for disagreeing with the opinions of others that they can't "survive" on $150,000, you just exemplified the fact that you don't understand how to utilize the forum's reputation system. I have a pretty good idea of who you are, but I'm not going to "take the low road" and give you your own red dot whammy back as punishment. In my opinion, you are a "whiner" if you're not grateful for what you have been blessed with in life. That's my OPINION, that did NOT warrant a reputation hit. This is exactly why I stopped poring over the NJ forum in the first place; you people just don't seem to comprehend that you can not go around issuing red dots to people you disagree with. It would have been more noble for you, if you disagreed with my opinion, to have posted your own reply explaining to me as to why the word "whiner" is so offensive? Instead, you utilized the childish, NJ state forum method of not addressing the issue that irked you in favor of slamming me with red dots and/or name-calling me to gain leverage. Whose debate team were you on that taught you it was acceptable to use such underhanded tactics in meaningful discussion? Wow!

I realize I'm talking to myself, but after calming down a bit, I realize that it was kind of stupid to make such a fuss out of being given a red dot! LOL! I'm sorry that I went off in that little mini-rant right there; I'm just tired of seeing the reputation system getting abused to the point where people who are too lazy to post a "counter"-reply to an opinion of yours they disagree with will instead give you a red dot to get their point across. It happened a lot to me on the NJ forum, so I've solved that problem by avoiding touchy issues on there. Now, apparently I have to avoid "touchy" issues on here too. LOL! All in all, I don't really care about whether my number goes up or down; I just can't believe so many people utilize it simply because they "disagree."

Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I'm giving you a rep point for asking

You'll notice your # rise by one....
Also, certain members apparently have different levels of influence on here. I just gave Nana a boost, and it shot her numbers up by three points! I wonder if that would correspond in a negative three if I should ever go after anyone with a red dot (which won't happen because I don't utilize red dots when I "disagree" with the opinion I see).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.