Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 PM

32 posts, read 127,474 times

Advertisements

I have a question but let me explain it first. I live in a village in an already established municipality in connecticut and the government and politics in the city and how the city is run is very very curropt and they often blackmail residents who oppose them, and often times the area gets screwed over beacause the city is more concerned with other parts of the city even though our area pays the most taxes in the city. So i wanted to know, how would we municipaly incorporate as a town(or even a borough as a last resort) under connecticut state law? We already know we can get a law enforcement contract with the state police and their closest station is about 1 mile away, the area has a fire deptartment, there are 3 schools in the section, all of the towns in the county pay for trash removal from the city we are currently incorporated in, and for road maintainence we could just hire contractors. This covers all of the required municipal services and our section has allot of wealthy residence and most of the rest of the residence being upper-middle-class so taxes would not be a problem most likely.

Anyhow, without me getting any further off topic, how would we municipaly secede from our city and reincoporate as a town? or as a last resort incoporate as a borough within the incoporated city?

Thanks!
-goredsox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.