Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:17 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times

Advertisements

NYC:

White tee, White Uptowns, Jeans, Bling Bling

F-R-E-S-H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
Portland:

Tight grey jeans that are rolled up or cut off, a second hand t-shirt possibly patched or modified and probably striped, dirty old Converses with brightly colored shoelaces, mismatched socks that go up mid calf, big white- or red-framed 80s/90s style sunglasses, and a kerchief around the neck, with dirty and dyed bedhead hair, a few facial and/or ear piercings, and scruff if a dude (the rest fits both genders). So a scenester basically.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:15 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Houston:

Backwards Astro fitted, white t-shirt, black baggy shorts, air force one's, with a diamond necklace and a rolex.

DC:

Backwards redskin hat, white t-shirt, long tight pants, a hoodie on top of that t-shirt, colorful DC drop bomb shoes with headphones. In the winter, replace the hoodie with North Face.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
This coming from a guy living in Tennessee. Sorry, but if you dog my people, I'll dog yours.
What's wrong with Tennessee?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Houston..........simple t-shirt, blue jeans or khakis, sneakers or sandals, Astros cap if its REALLY humid! All paid for with cash, and carrying a "Lovin Life" attitude!

Dallas.........over-starched $500 Armani button-down shirt, tailor made $500 Jeans or slacks, overpriced Prada loafers, hair with enough product to kill an elephant! All paid for on credit, and sporting a "Look what I have and you don't" attitude!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What's wrong with Tennessee?
I didn't say anything's wrong with Tennessee, but apparently New Yorkers wear dirty underwear.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:12 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I didn't say anything's wrong with Tennessee, but apparently New Yorkers wear dirty underwear.
No, that's not what I said. The question for this thread is: "How would you personify the way a city dresses if it were a person?" It didn't ask how the people in the city dress. There's a big difference.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 AM

155 posts, read 733,591 times
Atlanta-a button down long sleeved dress shirt, un-tucked, with expensive loose-fitting baggy jeans (but not sagging), new White nike airforce ones, and a Braves or Yankees baseball cap.

(this shows Atlanta's mix of a serious business town, with a heavy hip hop influence, although trying not to be too thuggish, worried about being fashionable and trendy, and struggling to choose whether it mostly identifies with the north or the south).

Dallas-a button down long sleeved dress shirt, tucked in, with expensive jeans, worn boots, and a Dallas Cowboys cap.

(this shows Dallas' as a serious business town, not quite liberal enough to untuck the shirt, but casual enough to wear a cap...which for Dallas is the substitute for the cowboy hat. The boots show the attachment to its past that it still holds on to)

Old 09-28-2008, 01:41 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Tdallas' depiction of Atlanta's style of dress was pretty good, I would go with the all black Boston fitted instead.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:49 PM

536 posts, read 2,154,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Portland:

Tight grey jeans that are rolled up or cut off, a second hand t-shirt possibly patched or modified and probably striped, dirty old Converses with brightly colored shoelaces, mismatched socks that go up mid calf, big white- or red-framed 80s/90s style sunglasses, and a kerchief around the neck, with dirty and dyed bedhead hair, a few facial and/or ear piercings, and scruff if a dude (the rest fits both genders). So a scenester basically.
I agree with this one.... "scenester" is definitely the word. When I first moved to Portland a few years ago, I went on a tour of the Art Institute, I was wearing a long tank top with a short hoodie halfway zipped with my belt on the outside of my tank top, with jeans (not skinny jeans, ew) and khussa slippers (those indian style shoes) and the lady said.... Your from Nebraska? I wouldn't of expected you to look like this, you look like a Portlander. I just think I look like myself.... I listen to hip hop and don't look like I do either. Ah well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.