Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Diversity poll, diversophile, white person with several ethnic friends, fluency in several foreign languages, BET, Univision, Lifetime, interracial relationships

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:49 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Geez. I'm black and I've never seen anything like that. In fact, I have good enough sense to stay away from places where guys would be waving pistols in the air. What the hell were you doing there and why was your girlfriend with you?
These incidents weren't in the same places. They were all separate.

It was an upscale club, so i guess I should just stay away from clubs in general? How’s it my fault some people can't conduct themselves in a civilized manner while leaving a nice establishment?

The incident w/my GF was in the Old Market just simply walking down a sidewalk to a nice restaurant.

Maybe I have had bad luck, idk. It's not like I'm out looking for trouble in bad areas. Like I said, it's just been my experience so take what you like from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
1) Do you have any close black friends? Hispanic? Gay? Muslim? What proportion are they compared to the general population?I only have a couple close friends...White as well as black.

2) Do you live in a majority black or hispanic neighborhood? Do you go to majority black or hispanic schools? Do you enjoy it?I work with more whites than anything....eh I enjoy it sometimes! Alot of em are rude!!

3) Do you try to diversify your TV content by watching BET, Univision, Lifetime (if you're a man), etc?I dont have cable by choice!

4) Have you dated or married a black? Hispanic? Muslim? What proportion to the amount in the general population?I love women!! Black,white,spanish etc.

5) Do you attend different churches, synagogues, mosques, etc to get a diverse religious perspective? This applies to atheists too. Im open minded. I would love to attend a synagogue. I'm also interested in Kabballah.

6) Are you fluent in several languages and speak them regularly to various people? Be sure to pick one from asia and africa or you're just eurocentric and we all know that = nazi. I'm fluent in spanish and Patois

7) When you work with blacks or hispanics in class or at a job, do you find these individuals more or less annoying than white classmates or coworkers, more or less effective? Do you feel more effective and productive because of all the wonderful diversity around you, or stymied for fear of offending anyone?White people can be annoying.....sorry!!

8) Do you approve of Mexican flags, the lady of guadolope, cesar chavez t-shirts, etc or feel alienated when they're all around you?I don't see a problem. Thats the beauty of America,Your free to do what you like!!

9) Do you feel safe if a group of black men or hispanic men are approaching you from across the street?Who would be arcaic enough to assume that this group is a gang or are going to cause you harm? Could be a baseball or football team,a religious group etc. Now I would be scared if I saw a group of white people wearing white hoods!! J/k

10) Have you been a victim of black or hispanic crime? How about white? In what proportion to the general population?NO.......I have been a victim of white crime. 400 years of it!!

11) Have you ever in your heart of hearts wondered if there weren't differences between the races, cultures, and religions and possibly identified your own as safer and friendlier to be around? We all have differences, thats the beauty of it all. Some blacks can be boisterous,Some whites can be nosey,Some Jews can be frugal..etc. But I feel its the job of openminded people to learn from differences and grow!!!

12) Are you so diverse you'll even appreciate and enjoy anti-diversity sometimes? If you all didn't know already I am a Black Man and find beauty in all people. The word diversity is just another lame "cliche" word. I look at peoples mindset and heart.......I truly don't worry if I'm not black enough or not white enough or diverse enough. Its all just childish really!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.