Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 PM

63 posts, read 212,554 times

Advertisements

Nothing to offer here. I had to read to find out what a halfback state is. Never heard the term in all my life. Learn something new every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 11:08 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If you're going to consider Ohio and Pennsylvania "halfback states" you'd have to consider New Jersey to be a "halfback state" as well. There is a huge chunk of Pennsylvania and a sizeable part of Ohio that are further north than NYC is.
Oh I know and I agree. I was just responding to NAH's post since he was talking about those states as well.

Truthfully, I had never heard of "halfback" states.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 PM

669 posts, read 3,194,272 times
Halfback states will eventually become as "bad" as the places people left. Perhaps all the people leaving places like Florida will help Florida become better again while the states they went to get worse, and the cycle goes on...

BTW: I don't see PA and or WV as halfback states. As far as I know, they aren't exactly skyrocketing in population. I'd bet a large chunk of upstate PA is declining and WV is probably going nowhere, not up or down.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 AM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,979 times
Default Halfback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Prices already are quite high in NC and TN, about 2/3 the price of north FL. I am seeing alot of south Floridians deciding to stay in FL but relocate to north FL.

Nice picture, Waterlily! Can you now have signatures in your post?
Yes you can go into your profile only if you are a Mod and add a signature if you have one.

I really think the only states that would be halfback are NC and TN. I guess SC could be included.
The other states like Ohio,WV and Pa don't seem to be gaining population but who knows about the future?

Last edited by Waterlily; 06-15-2008 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Added to it

Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 AM

20 posts, read 113,534 times
I prefer Fullback states like Florida and California. I consider Ohio to be a Quarterback state and Rhode Island to be a Nickelback state, Delaware's definitely a Dimeback.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 PM

65 posts, read 220,542 times
A Yankee Floridiot from Flrori-Duh who moved only halfway back home. Most don't know anything about being southern and get burned out.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,684 times
I think your already too late, NC in 2010 will be the 10th most populous State and SC, GA, TN are some of the fastest growing region with Northern migration such as NY and Southern Migration such as FL. Places out west such as AZ, NM, CO, WY, MT, ID, OR are also overwhelming Californicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.