Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:57 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times

Advertisements

Well it finally happened, I made it to the fab Oil City, PA to check out all those rumors of Paradise. Used the well worn standard methods to peek behind that veil for the true story.

Basically I doubt anybody really smelled out the real story. A lot of what I suspected was true, there are some pleasant surprises. Points up to me, many of the potential problems and failures of relying on too much On-Line information or trying to push the "Research Phase" way past the point where it yields much useful information. At some point you have to get real boots on the ground type phase.

I took like 123 photos, can recreate what it is like to make the trip from Ohio into Oil City. Can give a super good overview of what it is really like, potential future. What it might be like to consider moving there.

Am on the laptop at my sisters house. Will have to wait for a couple of days till I get home and back on the desktop to process all the photos and write some of the details. Just to difficult to type that much on a laptop.

Plus got a few more side trips to take.

So the main question is who thinks they really got it right and why??? Be a good test of your methods.

Actually I think our Boy, NAH may have found his new home town but for some reasons to which he has no clue. Plus I doubt his method of moving will work, never though he had much of a game plan.

Out of time, going out for dinner. Will check back some time tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 05:03 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lol cosmic
thats like saying "you know what? oh nevermind"
now you have our intrest peaked

Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Dude, umm. Are you going to publish an article or what?

Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
<- interest peaked..come on with it!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Yeah, make em' sweat and pant........ t-Hee

It is a lot o fun when you know what is really going on behind the Green Door and all the others have to guess for a few more days. Basically about what was going on for some time before, over active imaginations and solutions not tuned to the problem at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
lol cosmic
thats like saying "you know what? oh nevermind"
now you have our intrest peaked
Yup, that possible take did cross my poor feeble mind for at least two microseconds, then I said, naw they won't be interested, in this story. Afterall NAH has put out the hot **** too many times, how could that be wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Dude, umm. Are you going to publish an article or what?
Naw, nothing that crude. I am prepared to take somebody driving on the actual road trip in pix's format. Remember that discussion on the roads, times, etc. What is that area like???

Plus a town tour in pix's and a detailed analysis about like you would get in the New York Times. but that will take some time to smash together. Couple more days of exciting exploring. Nothing to do with Oil City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
<- interest peaked..come on with it!
Well we do have to hear from NAH. He probably wants to repeat a few facts. Before things get very hot or heavy. Explain why he can't take another year sweating in his room. Important stuff.

There is a bunch of prep but I know I got it right. Was very interesting, I ran my BIL thru the rough presentation looking at the photos on the laptop and at the end it was Wowzer. He really understood the conclusions and admitted his prior comments were out of date with what is probably the correct interrpertation.

The only question left will the NAH be able to handle the shock, modify the attack plan or move quick enough? Some of the concepts I never expected in a million years. Just wish I could play the game in another parallel life knowing what I know now.

I do think tho, many of the critical questions now can be answered. Am a tired pup, will be in the nest early for me.

Just for the record, I rarely sweat in my room or getting it wrong.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

63 posts, read 343,101 times
Here's the problem with your sarcastic attitude about Oil City. First of all NAH has never made it out to be some sort of paradise. I think he's got a pretty firm grasp of what it's like there. He's not looking for anything fancy. There's nothing wrong with these types of towns. There is alot of snobbiness though about what makes a good place to live.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
NAH rarely responds when his bluff is called. But in a corny, sentimental way, I hope you bring forth more than he expected.

Rest and gather your thoughts, oh weary trav'ler. Then hit us with a montage of hope midweek..... your public awaits.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
NAH rarely responds when his bluff is called. But in a corny, sentimental way, I hope you bring forth more than he expected.

Rest and gather your thoughts, oh weary trav'ler. Then hit us with a montage of hope midweek..... your public awaits.

Relax, the news is super good. NAH is going to love it. You all are going to love it. I was greatly surprised in some areas. The presentation will be a bit lengthly and I am not going to spoil it here. Get ready to dance in the streets. I doubt most people are ready for the real story.

NAH will actually get to gloat a bit. He will not have to eat crow. Fine dining for that boy in the furture if he can carry thru with slight modifications.

The PS: Nothing is sarcastic in either the tone or attitude. Read that NAH has a good find. Some blanks to be filled in.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Wow, just when I thought there couldnt possibly be anymore Oil City threads....

Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I've been seeing posts about "oil city",something about how its suppose to be a great place......why?

so I did a real estate search,put $150,000 to $175,000,....4 freaking houses came up,made in 1927,1945 and and 1965,with snow on them.Ok big houses but still....

so I did a mapquest search to see where the heck this place is,its out in the middle of freaking no where...so what do you for work? so what do you do for nightlife?so what do you do for a social life if you are single like me?

put in the same price range in north Florida,parts of Texas,the Carolina's,Tennessee and you have alot better options for houses without having to drive 100 miles to a decent size city..and without shoveling mountains of snow.

So ugh,maybe good for some but not my cup of tea.Someone pulling a joke on me?

yeah....you are pulling my leg....Im so dense sometimes lol! duh!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.