Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 02:30 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times

Advertisements

The thing is...most of us like NYC and love visting. I wouldn't mind living there if that's where life took me to live. We just don't like big-mouthed, holier-than-thou RESIDENTS of any city. If the shoe fits...

Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
The thing is...most of us like NYC and love visting. I wouldn't mind living there if that's where life took me to live. We just don't like big-mouthed, holier-than-thou RESIDENTS of any city. If the shoe fits...
what is funny to me is that you continue to argue with rachael84

if you dont like her then add her to your ignore list.

she should do the same

Old 04-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
why does everyone on this thread continue to talk about houses?

cookie cutter means everything in a persons everyday lifestyle

call your local chili's/applebees and see how busy they are.......

if they are on a wait on a friday/saturday night then you live in a cookie cutter place
No, my friend...cookie-cutter is a design style, whether we're talking about buildings, houses, or cookies. It's mass production so that the resulting products look exactly alike or very similar. THAT is cookie-cutter. Did you learn something?

It's not a matter of where people choose to eat on friday and saturday. What could THAT have to do with something being cookie-cutter?

Get it?

cookie cutters on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/debbiehill/431515687/ - broken link)

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:

she should do the same
More advice from a child...thank you so much, but I'll take my ample years of experience over your ignorant youth ANYDAY.

I'm not saying anything directly to either of you, unless it's accidental. I will continue to post the truth about the two of you, if that's okay with you?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,175 times
Quote:

if they are on a wait on a friday/saturday night then you live in a cookie cutter place
Follow those links I posted previously. Manhattan has TGIFridays, Applebees and Chilis. I'd bet more than you'll make in your lifetime that those locations have a two hour wait on the weekends just like their suburban counterparts. And, don't give me any crap about the tourists being the only people who eat there. Local NYers eat more than just ethnic food from mom-n-pop eateries. Sometimes it's nice to eat in a mediocre yuppie joint where the food may be average, but at least it's consistent. Personally, I am not a fan of the 'burbs, but even I'll admit to eating at Chilis. I'd wait in line for their Southwest eggrolls for at least two hours, if not more.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:

she should do the same
To be blunt, I find Rachael comical. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims entirely humorously. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims just to get people angry. Part of me thinks she makes outlandish claims because she truly believes what she says. Either way, I don't want it to stop. It's far too entertaining to me. Perhaps, most of all, I'm impressed with her dedication to stick to her guns regardless of how insane the claim may be and despite all evidence to the contrary. It truly is an amazing thing to witness.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:10 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:

Wasn't aware NYC was considered cookie cutter......

You think the south has long waits ,try going to DC and going to Mickey D's or Subway. The waits are much longer.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM

First off why does every single person in every thread compare something to NYC?

Yes, NYC has every chain restaurant in the books

The difference is that NYC as well as all other cities have diversity with restuarants

If you go to any small city like columbia sc, athens ga, etc........ those places offer chain restaurants and very few other options

nyc as well as every big city (including atlanta) offers more than chain restaurants in anywhere u.s.a.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
More advice from a child...thank you so much, but I'll take my ample years of experience over your ignorant youth ANYDAY.

I'm not saying anything directly to either of you, unless it's accidental. I will continue to post the truth about the two of you, if that's okay with you?
the fact that you wont put her on ignore shows that you dont have common sense

you have just been added to my ignore list

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Olathe, KS- the ugly suburb of Kansas City.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:28 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
How obnoxious to think that we don't have the same things down here.

As a matter of fact, the VERY SAME bakery you showed in your link just opened a branch in the suburbs of GASP - Atlanta!!!!!

LOL! Alpine Bakery (http://alpinebakeryandpizzeria.com/Alpine_Bakery.html - broken link)

Yeah, because southerners want the good italian bakeries we have The thing is, we have them all over the place. You guys will have ONE NY italian bakery based out of NY. Not the same, buddy

Maybe someday you'll get a Grimaldi's pizzeria there too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.