Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,253,954 times

Advertisements

Anyone lived in both of these Metro areas. If you have what area did you like better and why?

What I like about Raleigh is that the City compared to many other large cities seems very manageable as far as traffic and commute time. I like the overall pace, the friendly people, the beautiful large trees.

What I like about Houston; Houston suburbs (do not care for the center of the city) are the beautiful homes and floor plans, the cost of housing, the friendly people, mild winter temperature, and no state income taxes.

Anyone familiar with the two cities whether you lived there or not please post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,253,954 times
No one here has made the move from one of these cities to the other, or spend a considerable amount of time in both to compare?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:24 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,910,646 times
Of the two, I'd pick Raleigh, for the reasons you listed. It's a very nice area. Houston has its good points, but for me personally, it's way too hot, humid, and rainy.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM

17 posts, read 11,513 times
Houston has some of the most beautiful suburbs in the nation! All most all of them are VERY safe, very educated, booming with all different kinds of buisness prospects, well established, and the best part, limited sprawl. One of the things that makes the area so nice is its leadership. Most of the surrounding areas of Houston have set up ordinances that make it hard for all out sprawl to occur. If you wish to set up a new buisness or mall, then you better be prepared to landscape it and 'Martha Stewart' it up. Everything looks so nice, and with the weather here, everything always seems to be blooming. I have never been to Raleigh, but it can't possibly offer you everything that Houston could. Look more into the area around Houston before you let the humidity rule everything else out. I'm from Illinois, so the humidity here really wasn't that hard to adjust to. But if I came from Colorado or Utah then I might have a little but of an issue.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:26 PM

22 posts, read 160,807 times
I'd say Houston, I have heard that Raleigh is a bit rough but I would choose Raleigh over Houston if I lived in a nice area!

Houston is TOO big, over 600miles sq!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.