Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM

806 posts, read 2,959,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Northeast winning
Kinda hard not to win when you have an ENTIRE region of a country against one state, you know. IMO your Mom hates Florida and gets pleasure from people putting the NE up and Florida down, rather loaded thread question.

Of course I'd pick somewhere in the Northeast. Its like asking if you could live anywhere in the South versus, say, Washington state. The South would likely win due to its larger surface volume (excluding all the NYC elitist crew)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
lol I guess TANaples got tired of bashing Florida on the Florida boards so she came over there.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:29 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
lol I guess TANaples got tired of bashing Florida on the Florida boards so she came over there.
Because people from around the country have a totaly different view of Florida than TRANSPLANTS on the Florida board. My view on Florida transplants versus Florida NATIVES is well known. It is the transplants who drive me crazy.

There was another thread which proved my point; most people across the country are very happy WHERE THEY ARE; Philly, Houston, LA, NY, wherever.

That people want to "flock to Florida" is a myth; especially posted by somebody IN Ohio who doesn't even live in Florida.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM

Default I did say anywhere in the NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Kinda hard not to win when you have an ENTIRE region of a country against one state, you know. IMO your Mom hates Florida and gets pleasure from people putting the NE up and Florida down, rather loaded thread question.

Of course I'd pick somewhere in the Northeast. Its like asking if you could live anywhere in the South versus, say, Washington state. The South would likely win due to its larger surface volume (excluding all the NYC elitist crew)
but read my post on California. I do like Northern California. I have never been to Southern California so I am not qualified to comment on a place I have never been to.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:47 PM

504 posts, read 1,579,020 times
Give me the 4 different seasons of the Northeast. I love the weather in the Northeast from September thru November.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM

Default Fall is my favorite season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
Give me the 4 different seasons of the Northeast. I love the weather in the Northeast from September thru November.
although I do like winter too.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Northeast by far. There are some parts of Florida that I would like to explore and perhaps even be happy living in for a time, but I like the Northeast from eastern PA to Maine.

ABQConvict

Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 PM

Go on Texas vs. NYS. There are some pretty breathtaking pix posted there of what NYS REALLY looks like.

If anybody from other NE states would like to post, please do. Pa., Vt., Me, etc., have some beautiful scenery too.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:59 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,498,822 times
NE, there is really nothing in FL that interests me. bad weather, superficial people, rednecks, commercialized and disneyfied, transients, too many golf courses, low salaries, high crime, hurricanes, hot and humid, alligators in the water, deep south in parts, bugs, poorly educated population, bad drivers, lack of public transportation, bad food, poor government.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Northeast; practically anywhere up there as opposed to Fla. Forida is too hot and humid almost year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.