Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
True. And I could be part Chinese for all anyone knows. What difference does it make to you?
I only brought it up because I get people coming up to me speaking Spanish all the time too. I have very dark brown, almost black, hair; brown eyes; olive skin tone; and I'm pretty damn hairy. I guess I could be mistaken as Latino, but I think it's just the Native American and Norwegian in me.

I took your political compass test and here's my results:

I guess I'm less libertarian than you, but more liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Here's mine

Pretty close to the center.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
I guess Im closer to the center.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Heritage: Mixed
Type of Area: Suburban with a lot of crime (Urban along major streets and apartment complexes)
Region: Mid-Atlantic
Political Views: Undecided, Primarily Democratic
Religion: Some form of Christianity
Social Medium: Laid Back, Nice, Polite (I'll flip into NY mode real quick if someone takes advantage of that)
I'm a mixture of Black, White and Native American, almost everybody I meet thinks I'm Hispanic.

I got stuck on the abortion question because I'm on the fence about that.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Here is my result:
I am a social libertarian and fiscal moderate.
My political party affiliation is Independent. Therefore, the test is fairly accurate.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 07-30-2009 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Here is my result:
I am a social libertarian and fiscal moderate.
My political party affiliation is Independent. Therefore, the test is fairly accurate.
Whoa!

We're exactly the same.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Whoa!

We're exactly the same.
Isn't that awesome!

I looked at that website a bit more and was startled to see how "authoritarian" much of the US has become.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I only brought it up because I get people coming up to me speaking Spanish all the time too. I have very dark brown, almost black, hair; brown eyes; olive skin tone; and I'm pretty damn hairy. I guess I could be mistaken as Latino, but I think it's just the Native American and Norwegian in me.
Ahh ok, sorry I was a little bit grumpy before...As far as my looks, I have brown hair on top of my head, and my facial hair, eyebrows, and everything else is black. I have green/gold hazel eyes, my skin has a slight olive tone to it and I tan very nicely and easily. I could very well not have any latino in me at all...it's just speculation based on what some other people have said/asked me. In my opinion I look unmistakably white if i let my hair grow out long enough, but when it's short is when I sometimes get people asking me about my ethnicity/talking to me in Spanish. Personally, I've always identified myself as completely white until i started getting older, and some people started questioning it (i still do identify as white, but now I'm always wondering too)...A few of my friends (who are Latino and Asian, for the record) insist that I'm some kind of partially non-white mutt for example. Who knows.

Seeing as the people who populate Croatia and the rest of the Balkans are partially descended from people from the middle east, central asia and iran though, it does make sense that some people might see something other than plain old "white" in me (and latino people in turn are also partially descended from middle eastern people...Arabs conquered Spain back in the day, and then later on Spain conquered Latin America...which is why some latin and middle eastern people look strikingly similar, and why Spanish has some arabic influence).

Old 07-31-2009, 04:47 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Heritage: Black African+ Native American=African American (as far as I know)
Type of Area: I live in the burbs right now.
Region: Southeastern USA
Political Views: I don't feel that I fit any classification either.
Religion: Christian
Social Medium: I'm a little shy around some people at first but I open up more when I know people (assuming they are positive). I like being around people who aren't to uptight/seriously arrogant, petty/parochial, condescending, and lazy.
Sounds almost exactly like me, except I'm in the Northeast.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 PM

7 posts, read 16,968 times
Heritage: French-Acadian (Cajun)
Type of Area: grew up smaller cities, but have been a big city guy since
Region: Acadiana/Gulf Coast
Political Views: Liberal
Religion: not really religious, but was raised and for purpose of ritual- Cajun Catholic
Social Medium: laid back but confident. I have a certain forwardness and directness that rubs many people from other regions as arrogance- I maintain it's a cultural trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.