Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM

58 posts, read 123,178 times

Advertisements

i think the state of deetroit can match up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times
Ah haw! I think I have finally figured out this thread! It is a Middle School class project!

Last edited by pw72; 09-02-2009 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Deetroit is indeed an exciting state. Not that I think exciting is necessarily good or boring necessarily bad.

Still the state was founded by people fleeing the moral laws of Puritan New England so included polygamists, exotic dancers, alleged witches, and Christmas carol singers. (Christmas celebrations were, for real, deemed immoral and semi-pagan by Puritans) Its state motto was "Wine, Women, and Song" but in the early 1960s this was declared sexist and so it was changed to "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry."

The capital of Deetroit is officially named Funkstown, but is often referred to as "Funky Town." It was actually named after Elihu Funk. Despite the potentially dorky name Colonel Funk, as he was often called, was an enlightened and somewhat libertine individual. He bought the land from the local Indians at, what for the time, was considered a ridiculously high price to pay Indians. He also did hallucinogens with one of the local chiefs and even shared a wife with him. Although as a scion of the wealthy Custis family she deemed the two to be "my little harem." In modern times Funky Town is known for its nightclubs, music studios, restaurants, and video arcades. On the other hand it has its share of more "wholesome" excitements like Ferris Wheels, Carousels, and Museums. It is also extremely ethnically diverse. Along with the remaining American Indian population it has one of the largest Mongolian communities in America and is 40% African American. Interracial marriage is frequent, both in opposite-sex and same-sex marriage. There are some issues with alcohol and drug-related crimes.

The state as a whole is extremely open to all kinds of things. Marijuana and mushrooms are officially legal. Absinthe is the state drink. Same-sex marriage is allowed. Married couples can also contract a "partnership" with a third individual. These "threesomes" can involve both individuals deeming the third a lover. In-line with their tolerance religious groups are given a wide degree to "opt out" of recognizing this kind of thing so there are a few quaint "unexciting" villages made up largely of conservative Mormons. Mormons were drawn to the state due to their initial tolerance of polygamy as Mormons still practiced that in the nineteenth century.

The economy has taken a bit of hit, but many of the wealthiest people still have homes there. New building continues apace. And no one, not even the Mormons, listen to Lawrence Welk.

(This one might not be as good as Philadelphia)

Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 10,445 times
ehh i just chalk it up to jealousy...the whole country wishes they were like us

Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 PM

73 posts, read 198,025 times
Default You have got to be kidding me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIsTheBestAcceptIt View Post
ehh i just chalk it up to jealousy...the whole country wishes they were like us
Are you for real?? Your comments are screaming ignorance. You have got to be kidding me...jealous?? That is just hilarious. YOU must be bored that you are putting so much time and effort into this ridiculous thread.

You sound pretty immature and need to get out and explore this great country of ours. California is not even on most people's minds so get over yourself.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
Philadelphia has got to be the most boring state by far, Pennsylvania is a much cooler city, offers a lot more even considering that it's in the boring state of Philadelphia. North Dakota is an extremely fascinating city, you should visit there some time.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:34 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgirl36 View Post
Are you for real?? Your comments are screaming ignorance. You have got to be kidding me...jealous?? That is just hilarious. YOU must be bored that you are putting so much time and effort into this ridiculous thread.

You sound pretty immature and need to get out and explore this great country of ours. California is not even on most people's minds so get over yourself.
I already (foolishly) tried arguing with LAisBest as well, and then I looked at his username and account stats and realized that he's no even a member and only has a few posts. That means that his posts are actually from a different user using a roving alias just to troll. No point in responding to his taunts, he's only making legitimate Angelenos look bad anyways.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
Philadelphia is the worst state out of all the 51 states!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 PM

250 posts, read 246,415 times
people from other states look weird
like in texas.. they're mutants

Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Philadelphia is the worst state out of all the 51 states!
Wow it seems that you don't know your states, so how can Philadelphia be the worst state. Please re-take history class. Philadelphia is a city in pennsylvania .. WOW, I see that you did not know that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.