Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:50 PM

223 posts, read 829,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Someone from Savannah could be more well traveled than a NY'er and experience even more culture than a NY'er.

Try again
Most New Yorkers have been exposed to more culture than someone from savannah, maybe not all but most!!!

I other words the Majority, travel or no travel!!!

strike 3 your out!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Most New Yorkers have been exposed to more culture than someone from savannah, maybe not all but most!!!

I other words the Majority, travel or no travel!!!

strike 3 your out!!!!!
Don't be foolish.

If one is a world traveler they will be exposed to far more culture than many a NY'er

Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Default What do you have against New York?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Please explain why someone from Savannah could not go to a camp that had kids from other countries or stay at a hotal that G Washington stayed.

I am sick of seeing you on every thread talking negative about New York. Everytime its about New York their you are. Get over your complex problem we already discussed this on the last thread!!!!

This time its about culture and you countiue to attack comments made about someone who is talking about the many cultures of New York!!!!

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Why try again? No one experience different cultures like in NYC, maybe Cali just maybe.
Yes, try again because culture can be experienced anywhere.

My children did not need to live in NY to be able to travel all over the US and Canada. See many different areas of Mexico as well as Belize, Costa Rica, Panama etc.

I know they have experienced much much more than the majority of the children that live in NYC.

110 posts, read 101,436 times
Quote:
Someone from Savannah could be more well traveled than a NY'er and experience even more culture than a NY'er.

Try again
You said it yourself....... traveled. Someone that has lived in Savannah GA their whole life and then travels somewhere for a week is not cultured. Being cultured is LIVING in different cultural atmospheres and experiencing them for LONG periods of time. A weekend or week trip doesn't count. You try again!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Fortunately, I grew up in Chicago. I admire New York City. A big city exposes inhabitants to many things that are less likely to happen in smaller towns. A cultured environment produces innovation in music, art, literature, and film. New York has produced countless innovative music groups, artists and writers. Not all have grown up in New York, but many understand that NYC is the pinnacle for those who want to achieve success in their field, and move there. To an artist, having one exhibit in New York City is worth more than ten in smaller cities.
A big city has a window to the world. More people are aware of the world around them, and take an interest in other cultures.
Living in a large city surrounded by culture of all sorts makes the people more diversified. This reflects in the wide range of topics for discussion.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:58 PM

672 posts, read 1,789,021 times
Quote:

Try again
Exactly!

You can live in or near a place with a million different cultures and still not be cultured. It all depends on the person. There are millions of people living in NYC who have never left their perspective 'hoods. A lot of people see it, ie. different cultures, and don't like it. For those people, it's totally backwards. But what can you do?

It's totally dependent on the individual person, no matter where you are from.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Default The culture is already in New York!!!!11

Quote:
Don't be foolish.

If one is a world traveler they will be exposed to far more culture than many a NY'er
The culture is brought to New York we don't have to go anywhere.

Many cultures are every where in New York City

You got to travel we don't.

If anything you should come to New York and experience it yourself.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM

110 posts, read 101,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Please explain why someone from Savannah could not go to a camp that had kids from other countries or stay at a hotal that G Washington stayed.
Because a person that grew up in Savannah GA and visits a camp somewhere else would experience different cultures for a weekend, week or summer at most. After the camp is over they go back to Savannah GA. Being cultured takes extended time periods of LIVING in that place.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
I am sick of seeing you on every thread talking negative about New York. Everytime its about New York their you are. Get over your complex problem we already discussed this on the last thread!!!!

This time its about culture and you countiue to attack comments made about someone who is talking about the many cultures of New York!!!!
If you are sick of seeing my posts I have the same solution as I did last time, don't come to the site to post.

You are right, we did discuss your problem on another thread and you were exposed as someone who lives in Jersey that for some reason is insecure in himself and tries to hang on the coattails of NYC as if that will validate you.

I have been discussing the thread topic, if that bothers you then go elsewhere.

Last edited by Mike1306; 09-02-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.