Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 12:38 PM

8 posts, read 18,127 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are a family from Denmark, which are thinking about going to USA for three months or more. We will either settle down, maybe in Florida, or travel around the USA in a big autocamper. The family consist of me, my husband, and our four girls, about 6, 8, 14 and 16, when we go to the states.
My problem is, that I cannot bear to leave my two dogs behind. I really, really want to bring them with me on our trip. It is small dogs, Coton de Tulear, the french style.
But is it possible to travel with dogs? Are they allowed anywhere? Can we bring them to tourist apartments, Hotel rooms?
Can we visit Las Vegas with the dogs? Can we go to Hollywood with our dogs? where can we have some exiting experiences, and at the same time have the dogs with us?
Is there a wonderfull kennel somewhere, where we could safely put the dogs, when we live the wild citylife?
Do you have some advice?
There are many questions. I hope that someone will answer some of them.
Yours sincerely
Ida Kristensen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 12:53 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,906,432 times
This should at least start to answer your questions:

CDC - Bringing an Animal into U.S. - Animal Importation

Hotels/Motels vary as to whether they allow pets or not. Some do (with weight restrictions) and some do not. Here are a couple of sites that help find places that accept pets...

DogFriendly.com® - Pet Travel Guides and City Guides for Dog/Pet Owners
Pet Friendly Hotels - Official Pet Hotels
BringFido.com - Pet Friendly Hotel & Dog Travel Directory

Kennels are hit-and-miss, in that some are excellent and others may not be so good. It's best once you know the specific places you're going to be in, to ask folks in that specific area for recommendations or post in the appropriate city room here once you know your exact destination.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM

8 posts, read 18,127 times
Thank you so much - I will study your links.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,897,397 times
Most businesses in America have very strict rules disallowing animals being inside their building. They will have to pay expensive fines if the health department witnesses these animals inside. I'm sure it's similar in Denmark, however I've met a few Europeans and Asians that have expressed surprise about how strict it is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.