Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,678 times

Advertisements

Do you live in a state that has had a Spring Storm in the past 4 weeks? What type of storm did you have? What was it like? Was power lost? Is there a lot of damage in your area/state? Do your storms typically come in the daytime or the night time? Are these storms normal for your area? How did the storm compare to other storms your area has seen?

Post your neatest storm pics from hail, wind damage, tornados, or flooding.

I live in Kentucky and we have had high winds for multiple days this week and had some high wind days last week, too. There has been some wind damage to some homes (roof, siding, fascia, etc.) and a few businesses that I know lost signs. I am seeing signs of wind damage to my roof (mostly severely lifted shingles, some creased shingles, and a few chipped shingles - maybe a few missing).

Areas such as Hopkinsville, Paducah and Owensboro reported hurricane force winds and probably have more damage but I don't live around there so I can't say for sure.

A number of counties had hail earlier this week but not around me, mostly northeast in Henry, Trimble, and Harrison counties and a few others. There were some hail pics on WLKY, uploaded by viewers, some hail pieces were fairly good size. Those likely did quite a bit of damage to roofs and siding but I haven't heard much about it.

We had a strong thunderstorm in the Central KY/North Central Kentucky area on Wednesday evening. I somehow slept through it and only remember one loud crash of lightning. My neighbor is new to the area and said the storm was really bad and it really scared her. I am not sure how I slept through it if it was that bad.

Our Spring weather has actually been mild this year (so far) and last. Lucky for my neighbor. We normally have much stronger storms and lots of them. We get some in the daytime, but most come in the evening and the middle of the night. That is always fun when you have tornado warnings... not much sleep on those nights.

Last edited by Jewels36; 04-09-2010 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times
We had a storm yesternight. It was the saddest thunderstorm ever. I counted maybe three or four notable thunderbolts and while there were some gusts of wind, not much power went out (certainly not in my area) and very few branches fell.

I wish we could have Midwestern thunderstorms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.